Fix the main page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Since Dave doesn't have time to fix the main techist.com page or turn it into a portal or whatever, could someone at least make it redirect to the forums or ask Dave to do it?

I don't know about anyone else, but if I was looking for a new forum to come browse and found a page that looks like ours I would not hesitate to close the tab and keep looking.

< html>
< head>
< title>Redirecting...< /title>
< META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.techist.com/pc">
< /head>
< body>
< p>Redirecting...< /p>
< /body>
< /html>

Not too hard.

yea i think you right, maybe we should get a competition going on creating a new look:)

I agree, there's no css or nothing, just nasty blue links and some script that updates the threads. In fact, i dont even bother going through it anymore, i just add /pc tot the URL. :)

i just check my emails to see if there is any replies and follow driect links from there:) easy enother

I haven't even been working on that portal page. It's kinda' ugly, huh. A new portal page is being worked on and will probably be uploaded in the new year.

I usually just come to techist.com/pc and land on the forum, and I would suggest that regular members do the same.

In the meantime, we need the forum link to be more prominent. It needs some work!

Dave :D

I realize that regular members will just go to /pc, but that's not my point. The "forums" link doesn't need to be more prominent, it needs to be less surrounded in an ugly page.

If I come to techist.com for the first time and see this, I'm not gonna stick around to find the link to the forums.

Just have it redirect. There's no useful information on the portal page, anyway.

Just have it redirect. There's no useful information on the portal page, anyway.

Why not have link the lastest virus trojans to alert people:D how we could have oris document available for download:D the document that shows you how to get rid of them:) i think it is Oris, can someone confirm?

Why not have link the lastest virus trojans to alert people:D how we could have oris document available for download:D the document that shows you how to get rid of them:) i think it is Oris, can someone confirm?

Yep it's his guide, that would be a good idea to host that on the front page, virus classifications are a tough one though you would have to have them confirmed as a virus before you post them on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom