first time doing RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
well i wanted to RMA my radeon x1950 pro from new egg well i didnt have the box and such was told to send it to manufacturer jetway. so i sent it in, and now i track it it says dilivery was tried on sat dec 22 at 9:15 am in california well they dont work on that day they said they left a notice, and if package is unclaimed they will send it to me back wtf.. tho if they send it back the warrenty will be done cuz i sent it with like 1 month warrenty left.. its holidays my question is yesterday day before christmas i tried calling em kept getting message to leave a message, today i keep callin em and its the same thing i wonder will they send me my package back without fixing it cuz i dont want it not fixed it arrived they didnt pick it up and its holidays wtf...

call them after the holidays and tell them. They should make an exception because the buisness hours they have had recently.

With RMA numbers, contact them first, get the RMA number. This is a priority as it's down in thier records that you have reported the fault. Some companies have this BS where the faulty item must be back with them in 7 working days. However since it's christmas and new years, they should make an exception. And then wait until the new year before you send it off.

If possible, they to see if you can send it back to the manufacturer. I find that if you can deal directly with the manufacturer, you can get a quicker turn around on your goods.

One important thing is this.... NEVER get angry with RMA staff. They work in a very thankless job as is, the last thing they need is another person yelling at them. And they have lots of ways of screwing you over in the RMA process. I used to work RMA for a company many years back. I am not going to go into details, but we did have lots of ways of screwing with people that gave us ****.
(Since I work at computer store, i normally send all the RMA people i have dealt with during the year christmas cards)

well i got the number already i ment that package i tracked it it arrived to jetway but it said dilivery failed and a notice was left, what i wonder is i hope the post office their dont send it back... i couldnt call jetway cuz it is holidays... an annoying situation

well i got the number already i ment that package i tracked it it arrived to jetway but it said dilivery failed and a notice was left, what i wonder is i hope the post office their dont send it back... i couldnt call jetway cuz it is holidays... an annoying situation

Logistics is a pain at this time of year. Wait until Dec 27 and call them up and ask what is going on with your parcel.

I sent my GTS 320 back to Evga for stepup on the 13th, it didnt get there until the 21st. This was using priority mail which is supposed to be 2-3 days, so you can see just how jacked up shipping services are this time of year.

I sent my mobo express on the 14th, they got it on the 18th and sent a new one out the same day.

Estimated delivery time for 'expidited' shipping... isnt till the 31st. Hahaha. I hope the mail's moving a bit quite when I sell it off and order the 780.

Didnt have any RMA issues besides slow *** mail. Picked a bad time of year heh

Ya, hopefully my RMA for my board comes through soon. I gave up on the 780i upgrade. I was like #750 in the queue still. I need a working board back now, not wait another 2 weeks for my number to come up just so i can send them back the board and wait another week for turnaround. This will give me a bit more time to see if the 780i is actually worth it or not. From what i've read, the only real difference between the boards is the third x16 slot and slightly better cooling. And penryn support for quads. Seeing as i dont plan to do tri-sli nor upgrade to a penryn, i'm just going to stick with the 680i and save the 100 bucks to put towards an x38 and crossfire setup when this board fries again.

well i wanted to RMA my radeon x1950 pro from new egg well i didnt have the box and such was told to send it to manufacturer jetway. so i sent it in, and now i track it it says dilivery was tried on sat dec 22 at 9:15 am in california well they dont work on that day they said they left a notice, and if package is unclaimed they will send it to me back wtf.. tho if they send it back the warrenty will be done cuz i sent it with like 1 month warrenty left.. its holidays my question is yesterday day before christmas i tried calling em kept getting message to leave a message, today i keep callin em and its the same thing i wonder will they send me my package back without fixing it cuz i dont want it not fixed it arrived they didnt pick it up and its holidays wtf...

FOR CHRIST SAKES! Buy a copy!!!
51ASBE5X70L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom