First time buying on Amazon

Crenewer

In Runtime
Hello, I'm having an issue with Amazon UK. I'm not sure this is the right place to start this topic but I couldn't discuss this on Amazon forums because I had to buy something first. That's why I'm here, i want to buy Headphones and a USB Memory and they ask to add a credit card. Why? Can't they just deliver the package and then I pay them? This really sucks because i'm not able to pay with credit card. Is there any other option? Thanks in advance.

That's now how online shopping works mate.

You pay for your product, and they ship it. Somebody from Amazon doesn't show up at your door to deliver it - it's a shipping/courier service (such as UPS/FedEx/etc.) that shows up to your door with the package.

You can always get a pre-paid card from some place and load the card up with cash, and then use that card to make your purchase online.

In the "old days" it was possible to order something "COD" (Cash On Delivery) and the postman would collect the payment from you when the product was delivered. I'm not exactly sure when COD stopped being an option but it seems in our modern world it is no longer an option. I think it was something left over from a bygone era when credit cards were not very prevalent.

Craigslist and Gumtree offer cash in hand, kinda. Basically instead of posting or delivering it, they put the item up for sale, you talk about it and go meet the guy to have a look at it. If you're happy and want to buy it, you hand them the cash and walk away with it otherwise you can just leave and that's that. Decent alternative, although usually the convenience of having it delivered to your door is sometimes better.

Craigslist and Gumtree offer cash in hand, kinda. Basically instead of posting or delivering it, they put the item up for sale, you talk about it and go meet the guy to have a look at it. If you're happy and want to buy it, you hand them the cash and walk away with it otherwise you can just leave and that's that. Decent alternative, although usually the convenience of having it delivered to your door is sometimes better.

Only issue, 80% is dodgy stuff:cool:

Back
Top Bottom