First time building a PC

Madengineer

Beta member
Hey all, this is the first pc i've ever built and i'm needing some suggestions, opinions on it.
I am working within a budget for it, of $550 and also that i need to buy everything in australia.

Anyway, heres the build. Please keep in mind i'm a newb :D

CoolerMaster RC-430-KWN1 Elite RC430 WINDOW PANEL BLACK EDITION W/O PSU. Price $65
i really like the look of this case and the amount of ventilation it has. and off cause its price tag
biggrin.gif

520W High Current Gamer Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze, 135mm fan, High Current +12V rail(s), 2x PCI-E, 6x SATA, 6x Molex Antec HCG-520 520W High Current Gamer Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze, 135mm fan, High Current +12V rail(s), 2x PCI-E, 6x SATA, 6x Molex. Price $91
The PSU i have changed my mind on soo much because i couldnt find one that i liked the "feel" of. Then i found this one, and it is more than capable of anything i wish to do.

Gigabyte GA-880G-UD3H AMD 880G + AMD SB710, 4xDDR3, Integrated VGA, Hybrid CrossFireX, 8 CH Audio, GbLAN, 6x SATA2, RAID, USB2,0, ATX. Price $110
Like the PSU, i changed my mind alot with the Mobo, but this will satisfy my need with more than enough room for Upgrade. EG Ram/GPU and HDD's.

AMD HDZ955FBGMBOX 955 Black Phenom II X4 Quad Core Edition CPU, 3.2GHz (125W), 8MB Cache, Sockets AM3/AM2+/AM2. Price $130
Not once did i change my mind about this PCU.

Samsung HD103SJ 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200rpm HDD - SATA-II 3.0Gbs, 32MB Cache. Price $68
This will only be for my OS. Getting the 1tb because the 500gb ones are only 18$ cheaper.

4GB Single Module 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 DIMM for Intel and AMD platforms Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB Single Module 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 DIMM for Intel and AMD platforms. Price $46
To be honest, i'm not too familiar with ram, and have no idea if this will do. I have selected the single module, because my mobo supports upto 16gb, and if i use 2gb sticks, i can only get the max of 8gb. Not saying i would get anymore than that, but i like to keep my options open.

I Buy all my bits from Mwave (Online Computer Store - Computer Deals - Discount Computers), for $550 this is the best system i could come up with:

Coolermaster case RC-430-KWN1 - $56

Vantec ION2 620W Ultra Quiet ATX - $85.90

I've used this PSU In 5 customer builds, all of which were gaming machines, very good value for money.

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 - $112.40

Similar to the board you mentioned and this one has USB 3.0

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - $125

Western Digital 1TB hardrive - $59

From my experience, WD Drives have been more reliable than samsung drives.

Kingston ValueRAM 2x2gb DDR3 1333 - $45

I'd recomend getting 2x2gb as you will see slighlty better performance VS a Single stick of same spec RAM.

All up come to $483.30, this isnt including shipping though. If you reeeaaalllyyy want to stretch your budget, you could also throw in an XFX 6450 Graphics card, will stretch your budget to excactly $550 OR You could use the leftover cash for extra fans and an optical drive. When i built my machine i have now i left out an optical drive because once Blu-ray burners become cheaper, i will be getting one.

When i built my machine i have now i left out an optical drive because once Blu-ray burners become cheaper, i will be getting one.
So, ummmm how did you install a operating system?
Also, not a bad build. However, a LGA 1155 build might also cost about the same.

I Buy all my bits from Mwave (Online Computer Store - Computer Deals - Discount Computers), for $550 this is the best system i could come up with:

Coolermaster case RC-430-KWN1 - $56

Vantec ION2 620W Ultra Quiet ATX - $85.90

I've used this PSU In 5 customer builds, all of which were gaming machines, very good value for money.

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 - $112.40

Similar to the board you mentioned and this one has USB 3.0

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - $125

Western Digital 1TB hardrive - $59

From my experience, WD Drives have been more reliable than samsung drives.

Kingston ValueRAM 2x2gb DDR3 1333 - $45

I'd recomend getting 2x2gb as you will see slighlty better performance VS a Single stick of same spec RAM.

All up come to $483.30, this isnt including shipping though. If you reeeaaalllyyy want to stretch your budget, you could also throw in an XFX 6450 Graphics card, will stretch your budget to excactly $550 OR You could use the leftover cash for extra fans and an optical drive. When i built my machine i have now i left out an optical drive because once Blu-ray burners become cheaper, i will be getting one.

Thanks for the help! i'm going to use the Mobo you suggested, as its only 4$ more than the one i'm getting. I'm going to stick with my PSU so that i can get it from IJK in canberra ( i cant afford the shipping) I've been told the Samsung F3 HDD is faster, so not sure about that one. and i really dont like the Value ram.Thats what i have in my pc right now. but i will get 2X2gb sticks instead of the 1 stick.

I actually just realised. is that mobo any better than the one i had chosen? apart from the 3.0? because tbh, i wont be using USB devices that will show any increase with 3.0. any new hdd i plan to have internal along with the 2 Externals i already have.

Back
Top Bottom