First time builder

Yea because at that price it would not make sense to purchase it over the GIgabyte I linked earlier.

Also, you can try downsampling if you want to run higher resolutions on your monitor. So really it's up to you whether or not you want to get a newer monitor or not.

i dunno it just seems like a waste not to go 1080p what size monitor do you use? do you game at 1080 and if you do would you give it up?

If resolution is what you're worried about then just try downsampling when you get your rig.

I currently use an NEC 24" workstation monitor and on certain games that don't offer resolution scale I downsample to 2560x1600 from 1920x1200.

So basically if you're running that 770 4GB you can create the custom resolution and see if you can downsample 1920x1200 or even 2560x1600 on your current monitor. Note, that this only looks good in games and not the desktop.

If I was at a split decision between more GPU horsepower or a higher resolution monitor given the fact that I was already using a 20" 1680x1050, I would go with more GPU power personally. But that's only because I've been in your situation before.

Yup long as those stay those prices that's cool.

Yea 24" is nice I won't lie. There is a big difference between my 23"ers and my 24". Like I said, that's totally up to you but I wouldn't sacrifice GPU power right now.

well had to downgrade my budget to about 1100 so i went with a gtx 770 2gb for 300bucks had to cut my fans and controller aswell. but the case comes with a controller and had to cut the 24inch monitor. =( tho the r9 280x are just about the same price but with 3gb and on par with the 770 in games so i know it was a dumb pick but i wanted to give nvidia a try lol

should have everything friday =)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom