First Salesforce Question

JoelKoltner

Beta member
Hi everyone, just need some guidance on what to look for, so I can educate myself.

I have a custom object I created, to track interactions with users (Physicians in this case) I imported the staff list into salesforce contacts (they are all employees of the hospital, and for all intents and purposes individual contacts). I added a lookup field for contacts, and I can search for them by name. I also have fields for phone numbers and email, so I can confirm with them what their contact info is on the same screen.

The question is, how do I make the email and phone numbers populate after selecting them from the lookup field? What would be the topic I should look up so I can teach myself the ins and outs of getting this working?

Thanks for all of the great information here. Kind of new in the Salesforce world, I have a few badges done on the trailhead and am studying for my ADM-201 exam, but just haven't gotten to this topic yet, and need to use this while rounding the floors talking to Docs.

Thanks again! Everyone has a great day.

JoelKoltner

Beta member
Hi everyone, just need some guidance on what to look for, so I can educate myself.

I have a custom object I created, to track interactions with users (Physicians in this case) I imported the staff list into salesforce contacts (they are all employees of the hospital, and for all intents and purposes individual contacts). I added a lookup field for contacts, and I can search for them by name. I also have fields for phone numbers and email, so I can confirm with them what their contact info is on the same screen.

The question is, how do I make the email and phone numbers populate after selecting them from the lookup field? What would be the topic I should look up so I can teach myself the ins and outs of getting this working?

Thanks for all of the great information here. Kind of new in the Salesforce world, I have a few badges done on the trailhead and am studying for my ADM-201 exam, but just haven't gotten to this topic yet, and need to use this while rounding the floors talking to Docs Salesforce implementation consultan thttps://advancedcommunities.com/salesforce-community-cloud-consulting/.

Thanks again! Everyone has a great day.
no response.

Top Bottom