First Post Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I just got my sick new system but I used my old dimension dell 512 Ram stick in the new set up ( Be aware im a Noob in training)
and was Wondering to get to 1 Gig do I need to match the old one and buy another dell one?

b0dge said:
I need to upgrade my comp. Current spec: Athlon XP 2600+ (2144Mhz), Aopen AK77-600GN, 1gb Corsiar RAM, ATI 9800 PRO (AGP).
I can only really afford to upgrade my proc, so what i'm really asking is "Is a Socket A Sempron 3000 (2.17Ghz) any better than my 2600, and if so, is it significantly better?"

Can't find much in the way of comparisons on the net anywhere, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers guys,
b0dge.

PS. Tried OCing the Athlon and it'll only get as far as 2208Mhz, so no luck there!!

PPS. Anyone know how well Skt A Semprons OC? (Generally)

Since then, I've got a new mobo, gfx, 512mb more Ram and got my 2600 to 2300mhz!!

I had a chaintech graphics card, it worked for two months and them BOOM! one day it just started booting up with nothing but lines. I still need to send it to the manufacturer cause they'll replace parts gone bad, but I don't know what cause it to go out in the first place. ASUS no longer has some of the best boards, an asus board with nforce chipset is what I had and it wasn't compatible with the GeForceFX 5700 card from chaintech so I had to get an MSI motherboard. Sooo all in all to answer the question I'd go with an MSI motherboard. I didn't care for ASUS and this MSI has been real good thus far

Guess that's mine.

Please keep in mind that I was a 13 year old know-it-all when I first registered on these forums. :p

Hi, my name is Bob, but some people call me Larry, and some other people call me Retard. I don't know why they call me Retard, but I think it's a kool name.

[truth]
My name is Josh, I just signed up last night. I'm not here because I need help, but more of something to do in my free time. I got my own webby if you want to check it out. http://www.thinkfreak.tk I'm thinking about changing the name but it will do for now. It's still under construction (major construction), but that's all i got up for now. uhh...i think that's all for now.
[/truth]

mrscientific13 said:
Well it's my first time building a computer and I was wondering...what would be a good (and not too expensive) motherboard to buy if I'm getting an Intel Pentium D 950 Dual Core Processor (3.4 GHz, 4MB, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775). I appreciate any suggestions.

I remember everyone telling me to go AMD or wait for Conroe after that first post. That was back in the days where I was just another ignorant guy that though ghz was everyting. I'm glad I waited for Conroe :)

Here is another free program to display your Windows product key and also other Microsoft products such as Office. You can change your product key at any time if you installed the wrong serial number. If you do this, Windows update won't allow you to download updates. I've had to use that on a few occasions and it worked.

My first post

I have 637 pages at the end

help me....BIOS problem?

alright i would not consider myself a newbie. i have had trouble installing a 80gb wd caviar se hdd on an old m/b. it is not the 32gb or the "64gb" barrier. initially had some trouble getting it to register but eventually was able to format and install windows. i had an error with the BIOS still retaining an entry for a cd-drive i had removed and ran auto-detect to try and correct it. auto-detect hangs. after this my computer no longer acknowledges the presence of my hdd. please advise

m/b: pc chips m747 v1.5

sooooooo lame :(. i solved my own problem in the end any way. from that thread onwards i was helping pretty much. i cringed when i saw how frequently i used IM shorthand such as "u", "atm" and "btw". :p just so everyone knows, the only reason i never use capital letters is because i'm not a slave to conformity, not because i'm poor at english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom