First gaming pc, need criticism

I just made a build with the same cpu, motherboard, ram and case. As far as the PSU is concerned, newegg happens to be running an amazing deal on a 650W corsair, so I happened to get that instead, but I'm very content with all of these components so far.

Good job, I think you DEFINATLY spent to much money on your opticals and case though...

Not at all. Some people don't like spending their money on trashy parts for their builds.

And if you think that is way too much, here is an idea of too much: I spent $150 for a BD-R/DVD+-RW drive for my computer, and I bought a $170 case, which I am getting ready to drop another 200 on for mod supplies. I think the OP did well really.

Good job, I think you DEFINATLY spent to much money on your opticals and case though...

Hardly. Paying up for a nice case is definitely worth it, not just for airflow, but just because it's so much nicer to work with. Cable management is a lot nicer, it's sturdy, has quality parts, etc.

As for optical drives, you pay for what you get. That's a very nice drive, and Asus makes fantastic Mobos/monitors/optical drives.

I disagree. With anything you buy, "you get what you pay for" rings true.

I spent $140 on my Lian-Li and it was completely worth it. Incredibly light and solid construction not to mention incredibly thought-out design (made it a dream to manage my cables opposed to my Antec P-180).

Back
Top Bottom