First gaming computer, just need clarification on some quick stuff

I'm sticking with a stock fan, so overclocking would be a bit unwise anyway. Will my processor/heatsink come with any thermal paste, or should i buy some arctic fox?

That seems fair, with a micro ATX motherboard, i wasn't expecting that much room for stuff anyway.
Stock fan comes with paste on it. If you want that extra little bit of cooling then you can get some TX-4, MX-4, or even AS5.

Brilliant, I'm pretty much set then, thanks a lot, you have helped a lot more than i expected!

I wouldn't have over 8000 posts if I wasn't trying to help lol. When you get it all setup go ahead and run some benchmarks too and post them on the OC sub-forum.

Well, usually forums get you a couple of sentences of help, and thats it. You and Jason have definitely gone the extra mile ;)

Will do, i will be buying in 1 or 2 weeks, when i get my birthday money :)

Bringing back an oldish topic here, but i didn't wanna spam by making more threads.

The processor i went for is this:
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500 Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) (Retail Boxed): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It is a 2500, but not a 2500K - and i saw on a comment on Amazon that this means it can't be overclocked.

Obviously, i trust you guys over them, but i was just wondering if this is correct, as i may want to overclock in the future (after buying an aftermarket heatsink/a new motherboard), but i wouldn't want to buy a new I5 just so i can overclock, after already buying this one.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom