first computer

I can't name them all, it's sort of hit-and miss for windows games on WINE.
There are like a gazillion free open source games that you can get through the new GUI package manager, so it really shouldn't be a problem.

Is it a P4 HT?

I can't name them all, it's sort of hit-and miss for windows games on WINE.
There are like a gazillion free open source games that you can get through the new GUI package manager, so it really shouldn't be a problem.

Is it a P4 HT?

alrite, i went through my whole game inventory (age of empires 3, rome total war, knights of the old republic, battfront 2, call of duty 2, EAW, etc. to see if any worked (none did) all that happened was a window popped up with all the files they contained, then when i tried to go to computer>cd drive it shows the drive but wont let me run it, just open the window with alll the files it contains, then when i try to run the auncher it says it cant display it.
whats WINE and how do i get it? i think i saw the package manager, but it looks like the games kinda, stink

also when i try to play movies, it says "could not read from recource" helpp meee

alrite, i went through my whole game inventory (age of empires 3, rome total war, knights of the old republic, battfront 2, call of duty 2, EAW, etc. to see if any worked (none did) all that happened was a window popped up with all the files they contained, then when i tried to go to computer>cd drive it shows the drive but wont let me run it, just open the window with alll the files it contains, then when i try to run the auncher it says it cant display it.
whats WINE and how do i get it? i think i saw the package manager, but it looks like the games kinda, stink

also when i try to play movies, it says "could not read from recource" helpp meee

Code:
sudo apt-get install wine

Assuming you're using Ubuntu/Debian. Typing that at a terminal will result in you being asked for your password, then being asked if you want to install Wine. Once Wine is installed, change directory to your CD-ROM drive (for example, mine is mounted at /media/cdrom) and use Wine to run the setup.

Code:
cd /media/cdrom
wine setup

Of course, the above commands will only work if your CD-ROM drive is mounted at /media/cdrom and the game's installer file is called 'setup'. If they're different, you'll have to type in their actual values. :)

ok when i put in the above command and put in my password it says "noah is notnin the sudoers file. this incident will be reported" then nothing happens

edit: help please?

Back
Top Bottom