First computer build, need help

Get an SSD. Seriously. Best money you will ever spend on a computer hands down. It makes you feel like your computer runs on the power of almighty Zeus himself.

hihi~,

Hope i am not too late >_< here is my recommendations to you >_< Link here

a bit more pricey as i add in some parts but i do believe in stretching your dollar >_<

Casing: BitFenix Phenom M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Reasons: It has good air flow and space for you to work around. abit of future proof if you want to increase storage or sli/crossfire.
Reviews: video / Video / video / webby / webby

Cpu: I5 4690K
Reasons: price of a K and a non-K is not really a big difference. most important of all. In the future when you decide that you want more performance you can just overclock it..)
Reviews: webby

Cpu Cooler:Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Reasons: It is one of the good coolers out there and it really helps keep the cpu cool. if you are going to overclock but it helps >_< p.s mild overclock >_< not extremem T_T
Reviews: webby / video

MotherBoard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX
Reasons: Price vs performence wise this is the current best option if i were to choose >_< unless you would go for a bit more pricey Msi Z97m. Review: here
Reviews: Video

RAMs: Avexir Core Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Reasons: Rams prices and performance are about the same out there if they are in the same range like 1600mhz. i choose Avexir because it has LEDS :lol:, most important of all is the low profile heat spreader which most likely not obstruct you if you are going for after market coolers(mostly overlooked).
Reviews: Video / webby

Storage: SSD= Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
Reasons: SSD is really fast in booting up your computer to loading programmes. I choose EVO 250gb because of reliability and Samsung Magician which is a programme which helps you optimize your SSD, secure erase, Raid, Firmware updates, data security and etc..(remember to look into how to optimize your SSD in order to prolong life span and save space) ps. >_< if you are using Itunes please remember to change your media and backup locations >_< ( why ssd ?)

HDD= Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Reasons: For storage and it comes with 5yr warranty >_< and it is fast but not ssd fast >_<

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Reasons: It is fully modular, 80+ Gold, nice cable sleeving and cheap >_<
Reviews: video(its for 1500W version but look about the same >_<) / video / webby

Reaons: lastest i guess =P

Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Reasons: Personally i like the clicking sounds >_< if you like to customize the colors use get the RGB version(personal preference...no pressure here)
Reviews: Video(RGB version) / Video(deep red) /webby / why mechanical keyboards

Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse
Reasons: This is also personal here >_< it has many RGB colors. the feel is good. i can play gw2 without alot of finger movements ^_^. i do play a little bit of BF4 which helps out too >_<. logitech mouse is also proud of the mouse coating which is anti- sweat(if you have sweaty hands you will still have more grip then most mouse) and anti- “gamer gunk”(not sure as i do clean my mouse and keyboard once in a while).
Reviews: video / Webby

P.s most of the reasons are personal and i hope i have been of some help in helping you.I would also like to add that if you can try to change the case fans(you may want to try corsair AF-Air Flow versions) and cpu fans(i personally recommend CorsairSP120 High
Performace Edition/ SP120PWM High Performace Edition maybe abit noisy but hase real good static pressure)

This is a previous generation High build which i have found hope it helps at building your new rig it and how it will look like >_<: webby

Please forgive me for the long post and if i have offended anyone as i am new and still learning :angel: :hide:

Last edited:
Thank you starrie. Any advice is appreciated and I will have a look at your suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom