First build

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read it OC's really well, but go with the other if you want to save a few bucks.

HZ's do overclock really well but once again that's a lot of money extra from the original ram and HZ's are overkill to max out a C2D overclock.

Thank you all for your input :).. I will probably order sometime today or tomorrow. Also, I'm considering throwing away an extra $130 to get the E6600 instead.

pinoy3000 said:
Here's the actual link to your build

My inputs:

Change the mobo to this one

The case is a bit too expensive but if thats what you want, then go for it, but here is a good one

That particular brand of PSU I heard is good so stick with it. Other than that...... it looks like a good build to me. Kind of still high in price range though considering that my builds I created are just almost at that price range and it includes both OS and a 19" or 22" monitor. Hm......

That case looks sort of cheesy imo. Tries too hard to look cool when it's too restricted by its low price. Also, since I'm buying this Antec locally, I get it for $99 and I don't have to pay shipping. So all in all, that case you suggested turns out to only be $15 cheaper. Also the Antec has a TON of fans (watching those 2 fans spin in the front will be awesome hehe :D) and an awesome 200m one, and I just trust the Antec name a lot more then NXST. A few other minor details like the size of the side window have me favor the Antec as well. So yeah, I just don't like to cheap out on things like cases. Having over $1000 of components held inside by cheap-looking piece of sheet just doesn't do it for me.

I just looked at your build and your's is quite a bit more expensive. Also, mine includes $90 speakers and a $25 sound card. My subtotal actual also should be about $40 less then it is because of buying the case locally like I said.

I will change to the green G.Skill Ram and I will keep the DS3 mobo. i will also just get a Zalman 9500 since the Ninja is backordered and most people seem to have Zalmans so I'll just follow the herd. Any other things I might need (they don't have to be components.. I've never built a comp before so I don't really know what tools or whatever I might need) other then Arctic Silver 5?

Also, I hear that building on carpet might damage my parts because of the static electricity. Well, I can't really get around not building on carpet. Would keeping it on my desk take away that chance even if I'm still on the carpet? Alright that's about it for me, thanks!

Just ground yourself. I went ahead and bought an anti-static wrist band on Newegg that you wear while working inside a computer. I figure for $6 or whatever it's a pretty cheap security measure. Also, just got my Antec 900 in the mail and it's pretty badass. The only possible issue I can think of with it is dust since a lot of it is mesh. As for the cooler...I forgot to mention the Tuniq Tower 120. It's one of, if not the best, air coolers for C2D on the market. The 9500's good too..

Yeah, looked at the Tuniq Tower but it was like $65 or so so I just figured that there probably wouldn't be much of a difference between that and the Zalman so might as well just save the 20.

On second thought, after looking at the Tuniq again, I think I'm going to go for it.. It just looks so **** sexy :O.

The fan looks weird though? Where is it supposed to go? I looked at a few pictures of a Tuniq installed in a case and they didn't seem to have a fan on it at all.. Just the exhaust fan.. Or is it supposed to not have the fan? Meh.. Or is the fan inside that big car radiator like piece of metal? I'm confused. Here are the pictures I'm talking about.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/gar818/CIMG27599.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/gar818/CIMG27588.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/gar818/CIMG27566.jpg
(pictures from http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126395)

Gawd it's so **** sexy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom