First Build ?'s about Case, Vid Card, and Mobo

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
k guys my new setup will be

amd3200+ 2.0ghz
eVGA nforce4 sli mobo (going to talk about it)
eVGA 7600gt 580/1500 (going to talk about it)
crucial ballistix 1gb (512x2) dual channel ddr400
soundblaster audigy
enermax whisperII 460watt
coolermaster centurion w/side panel (going to talk about it)

k now i know the mobo and video card would work great together but i was looking at x1800xt's and they were very fast...almost the same clocks of 7900's but only had 256mb...i this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102007
625mhz core clock
1500memory clock
256mb
256bit

now my problem is would this go with my nforce4sli mobo??? if not would i have to change the board?!?! thx :D

case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811119077
k now i need to know what u guys think of coolermaster cases as a whole...i know they have great reviews and its a pretty simple case with a side window which is what i was looking for...what do u guys think?!?!?

mobo: now if i were to get the x1800xt would i need to buy a diff mobo...if so what should i get for around 70 dollars....also i like nvidia a little more so should i just stay with the evga mobo/evga 7600gt setup?!?!? plus this way i could save money...tell me what u think of teh x1800xt idea and that will help me decide...thx :D

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Man, you have made a lot of threads about this.

I would suggust just sticking with the eVGA 7600GT

However, if you really want that x1800xt, have no fear, it will work with the nForce4 chipset. However I don't think you will be able to use crossfire..

I have seen that same case down at a local shop, and well.. I don't like it. All the open holes in the front of it are just annoying, and I think it can cause some dust to get in there easier. A friend of mine has a variant of that case which gets dusty VERY easily.

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok so ill stick with the 7600gt...i just made a lot of threads because i dont want to regret ne thing....ok now guys can u help me find a good case for around 100 or less dollars!??!? thx :D...all i want is maybe a side window and good airflow...thx :D

Memphis`

In Runtime
A good case would be the coolermaster praetorian 730, great airflow, plus a side vent directing onto the PCU, Perfect!!!

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
hmm i will look at it...thats too much...nice case though...im looking to spend less then 100...or will that not be possible for a good case that has good airflow??? thx :D

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
antec solution..hmm...ill look at it :D

btw i may get 2gb dual channel later but for now im just getting 1gb (512x2) crucial ballisitx which will run great

k just looked at the antec solution...pretty solid little case but im looking for a side panel and maybe something a little more eye catching if u know what i mean...:D...before i was looking at the raidmax ninja...should i just keep with that one??? thx :D

ownage

Fully Optimized
Antec P-160, i would imagine just a TAD over 100 bucks. And if you are planning to get 2GB in the future, get 1GB stick right now. You dont want 4x512 sticks and run 2T.