First build - question about screwing in motherboard

harveymilk

Solid State Member
Hey guys. So I'm working on my first build, and I have a question about screwing in my motherboard to the computer case. There are 6 slots on the motherboard that you can screw into, 5 of which line up with openings on my case. The case came with plenty of screws, but only 4 stand off screws. Which holes in the case do I put those standoff screws into? All 5 of those holes on the case say ATX / mATX, but some of them look different.

35n100n.png

2eyar6o.png

One is just a hole, 2 are raised screw looking objects (I put a standoff screw in the left one), and then the top 2 are 2 raised platform nubs. Not sure what the technical terms are for these.

Motherboard: Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
Case: Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
Graphics card: Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...

The raised screw-looking objects are built-in standoffs; I imagine this is why there were only a few discrete standoff screws that came with it; they're the optional ones.

Your links don't work btw, but I'm going to assume you have an ATX motherboard. It looks like your case has written on it the locations that you need to be using for ATX motherboards. Just add standoff screws on the locations that have ATX written next to them but also do not have the built-in standoffs.

Back
Top Bottom