First Build Mistakes Thread

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok guys,

i see alot of new people coming here with their first builds gettin underway and i think it would be useful if some experienced members could post here what they did on their first rig that they wouldnt do now.

1) Didnt Wait. C2D's were just around the corner but i was too impatient ended up with a Pentium D

2) Didnt install motheboard / case risers lol.

3) Picked a cheap PSU.

i think thats about it but i think if a few people on here can think of just 1 thing they did wrong i think alot of members could learn from our mistakes.

1) Didn't take the time to look around for deals

2) Didn't make sure i had ALL the hardware i needed, so i had to run out to the local store to get the rest lol.

3) Too excited...and rushed to get it built whereas i should have spent more time organizing such as cable management.

Thats all for me really :)

Tried getting the Antec900 like, 3 years ago when I had a stock HP, and I had a 6 year old stockie so the power supply and everything didn't match. BAM.... I turned the case into a gerbil cage instead. ^_^

I've never built a full PC on my own, but here's a mistake I made with upgrades:

Not waiting. I bought the HD3870 for 289 bucks, then a month later, the HD4870 drops to 10 dollars cheaper. Oh well, my HD3870 is bottlenecked my my CPU, the HD4870 would probably be bottlenecked even more.

I can't stress this enough, look around for deals this shopping season. Also do research to make sure there is not something big around the corner (like my HD3870 - HD4870 dilemma).

Be prepared for some great deals this year as the technology is much improved from this time last year.

Bout a new GFX card and forgot to check for 26A on the 12v... It only had 12v, so... yea... big spark...

uhh first build i didnt seat my ram correctly
and the last most recent build my 9800 wasnt seated correctly
lol i went crazy for 30 mins wondering why i wasn't getting a bios then i took out my gpu because i was going to take the m/b back out and it turned out that it wasnt seated correctly

Back
Top Bottom