First Boot Issues

KoolAidMan888

Solid State Member
Wats goin on guys its my first build and it went together pretty easily my problems are i dont have a display... wont pick up my keyboard. and optical Drive wont open. The motherboard its self turns on and the CPU fan.. All my fans turn on. heres what i have

Sony Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A - OEM

Hanns·G HZ201HPB Black 20" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKB 500GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply61207090

I dont even have the Video card plugged in yet im plugged straight into the motherboard.

Thanks for all of your help.

Try plugging the video card to see if anything appears about what is going on.

Does it seem to be doing anything past just the fans spinning? Any light loading activity going on for the hard drive for example?

In my experience, anytime I get power with no video like this it's always the MoBo that's bad.

Yes the mobo is on its standoffs and I dont get a Display with the Video Card Either.. I have no video.. The MOBO's lights are on i have no clue where im going wrong........ I cant get my Optical drive to open either

Phenom 2 X4 965 AM3

i think my MOBO is dead it does turn on but its being a little odd.. It shows 4 lights on the top it always shows three on.. i have to wiggle around the power input to get four... my power input is a 20 plug and has a four split.. i plugged my video cable into the back of the mother board and it dosent show up.. it doesnt pick up my mouse or keyboard i just think i got a bum board.

Make sure DIMM slots 1 & 2 are populated if using 2 sticks.

Make sure you use a 20+4 pin ATX PSU plug in the main ATX connector near the RAM slots and also plug an 8 pin ATX PSU connector in the 8 pin ATX plug near the top-left of the motherboard.

Both these connectors need power.

OOOO that may be it I dont have a 8 pin i only have a six. So what do i do for this issue?

Theres a Six and a four pin.. im not sure on what to do for this.. new power supply?

OOOO that may be it I dont have a 8 pin i only have a six. So what do i do for this issue?

Theres a Six and a four pin.. im not sure on what to do for this.. new power supply?

This will be the problem then. So you have a 20+4 pin ATX in the main ATX connector? I would've thought the PSU should have an 8 pin ATX connector.

Do you know what PSU your running in there?

Back
Top Bottom