Baseband Member
Here are the specs:

MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum
1 GB of CORSAIR XMS TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Antec TRUE430 ATX 430W PS
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor
eVGA 256-A8-N344-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB PCI-E
Lian Li PC-61 USB Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I was wondering if there was a better Power Supply and Computer Case for this build.

And is it woth to spend the extra $50 or so for PCI-E? Or should I just buy the MSI K8N Neo 2 and an AGP 6800GT?

Thanks.

Yea, it definatly is worth $50; at least I think so. PCIe allows you to upgrade to much better graphics cards and gives you the cheerful feeling of having the best that you can get...

Anyways, for a better computer case, shop on newegg, and look until you find one that you want. As for the PSU, look for one that has a high wattage and 12 volt rails...(I think that's right...)

The PSU is fine, allbeit a little bit small.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155
That is a really nice one, OCZ makes some good stuff. You dont have to go with that one, and you could stick with yours too, but IMHO you should get a bigger one.

The case is completely up to you. How you want your comp to look is your prerogative, and cases have no effect on performance whatsoever. unless you want to get into air circulation within cases, but we wont get into that. Just get a niec big roomy case. Or a small one, if that is your bag. It's up to you man.

Oh and also, I read somewhere that the Antec does not support PCI-E, however someone told me that you can buy a converter for cheap. Is that true?

*edit* And what do you mean by the PSU is too "small"?

Too small, meaning it does not have enough power. When someone refers to a power source as being to small, they are saying that it does not spit out enough power. Henceforth, it being too small.

I dont know about Antec not supporting PCI-E. Antec is a pretty big company, and it would be dumb of them to not support it.

That PSU is 100 watts more powerful than mine, so it will give enough power, with good amps on the 12V. I would get this PSU though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153008(but any PSU from Antec, OCZ or Thermaltake, are excellent quality PSU's.

I think that it is worth it to get the PCIE motherboard, just so you can get the future cards, and not have to buy pretty much a whole pc again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom