Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookfield

Golden Master
MISUSE OF FIREWORKS
I realise that the majority of members don't celebrate Guy Fawkes night, having thir own occasions to use them July 4th, etc.
What I am asking is, do other countries other than my homeland of Britain have anywhere near the level of misuse that we experience?
For a start, these days, fireworks are let off 365 days a year, & youngsters are doing major damage to buildings, the other night, a stable block was burnt to the ground, killing several horses, industrial fireworks have been used to blow up major buildings, plus the usual dozens of phoneboxes, we still have a lot of the enclosed type, & on media we see the actual destruction, because the latest fad of some mobilephone owners is to light the fuse, record it on a picturephone, & put in on the Net, how moronic is that??

I'm beginning to think, much to mine, & Britain's shame, that we must have the worst behaved youngsters, plus, the government in their "wisdom" are bringing in a bill to allow pubs to stay open 24/7, ignoring the fact that at present, the police can't cope now, with the high level of so-called "binge"-drinking, some consuming 24 pints a day.

Chav scum.

Labour camps and National Service are the best options - even the people on Bad Lads' Army said they honestly thought National Service was better than prison for young offenders.

In the USA we don't have those kinds of problems. Fireworks are just set off the week of Forth of July. If you set them off anymore a police officer will most likely show up at your door from complaints. At least when i used the heavy fireworks the night of Forth of July a police officer showed up, and told us to stop.

the police will show up if fireworks are misused on most days of the year, and even on guy fawkes night there are limits as to what can be leagally done...

the problem is it's not a case of what is done inside the law, and police showing up on doorsteps...
the people missusing the fireworks aren't at home, they are outside in the streets setting them of going along the road instead of up, or inside of phoneboxes. etc...

short of patrolling each individual street at all times, (as I'm sure maurice will agree is physically not possible), it's not really something that is policable after the fireworks have been sold...

in this country you only have to be 18 to buy these things... and I think it's fair to say that most people who are under 21 and buying fireworks are not buying them to put on a nice display...

IMHO the problems lie in the shops that sell them the the idiots, not in the firworks themselves.

Well said guys, keep the opinions coming, I must say that I expected the police to be strict on this in the US, there several factual American cop programs on TV in England, & they don't mess about, using their nightsticks do they???, if our police did that, the officer could be sued.
What about all that in Paris & surrounding towns, it all started because two girls broke into an electrical substation to hide from the police & were electrocuted, serves them right I say, now, for the fifth night in a row, blood is being spilt.....did you all see this?

Teencompwiz2 said:
In the USA we don't have those kinds of problems. Fireworks are just set off the week of Forth of July. If you set them off anymore a police officer will most likely show up at your door from complaints. At least when i used the heavy fireworks the night of Forth of July a police officer showed up, and told us to stop.

Haha, i can recall the times that i had a disturbing the peace warning, but most officer's will either take them away or tell you to stop.

I hate fireworks so much, they make my dog go crazy, and petrify my lizard... bloody things...

I definietly want to go to one this year :( We always seem to miss out...

I love the big events where music is timed exactyl with fireworks. I think thats soo kewl.

Haven't heard anywhere thats doing one though :(

Although in my state (Pennsylvaina) it is illegal to buy fireworks like firecrakers, and things that go boom. You can only buy smoke bombs, sparkler, boring stuff etc.

That is why we go buy them in South Carolina :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom