Firewalls?

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have Trend Micro Pc-Cillin 2005 and it has a firewall i was just wondering id you would recommend de activatuing this firewall and getting another or is Trend's good enough?

My opinion,

I dont like any software firewall... There too buggy, conflict with many software programs...

For the price of the firewalls out there you can buy your self a router with a hardware firewall.. Much more secure..

With routers firewall.. You have the firewall, virtual servers, DMZ, NAT, and web encryption.

and i think Tren Micro is a very good anti-virus i was just wondering about the firewall

the router..

You can buy them for 30 bucks and up depending on features..

I have a Dlink 614+ revision B They dont make that one anymore but it perfect.. I run scans and I'm completely stealth on the internet...

Much easier too.. You tell it what port to open and and what to close.. then your done.. Softwares usally keep asking you what program is safe to access.. Stuff like that..

I dont know how good they are anymore.. Years ago before I got into hardware, I used Sygate Firewall.. That seemed to be the best back then.

Back
Top Bottom