firewalls and dual booting

Billie

Beta member
Hi everyone, i have a query that i hope someone here can help me with.

I just setup a dual boot with win 2000 & XP on 1 hardrive.
I have setup AVG, Adaware, spybot and Zonealarm on my XP partition and its all going good in XP.
I tried the same in the Win 2000 partition, but it would not let me install Zonealarm or Adaware.

My question is why won't it let me set up Zonealarm ans Adaware in the second partition? i have replaced adaware with Avast but not to sure what to do about the firewall.
appreciate any advise
Thanks

I'm not too familiar with dual boot setups but is it really necessary to install all those utility software on each partition? I thought just installing one on a partition will protect the entire hard drive. I don't know, maybe someone can clarify that a bit more.

TRDCorolla said:
I'm not too familiar with dual boot setups but is it really necessary to install all those utility software on each partition? I thought just installing one on a partition will protect the entire hard drive. I don't know, maybe someone can clarify that a bit more.

Thanks for your reply,
This is my first crack at dual booting, but i had noticed when i was in the XP partition [D.drive], i used Adaware and i seen that it went through C and D drive when performing its action.
hmmmm

I can't see the point of all those pieces software to be honest, but on one partition they should check the whole computer when they run. Of course on 2000 they won't be actively checking while you run, but I'm presuming if you want to go on the Internet for any prolonged time you use XP? So it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom