Firefox hangs every few seconds.

Veraster

In Runtime
I've been having some problems with Firefox. Firefox hangs for a second and then unfreezes. It only does that when I scroll or move my mouse. Typing doesn't seem to make it hang like that. Even the mouse pointer will get stuck and "skip frames".

I haven't seen the native Windows mouse pointer skip frames like that since Windows 95. Even on my old Celeron, when the whole system was so bogged down after playing a game that Windows Explorer crashed and had to reopen itself, the mouse pointer didn't do that.

This is on my Intel Core 2 E5300 pc. Over on the cpu usage gadget, it shows spikes where both cores were at around 50% for a second and went back to normal. So it's probably software related. I've run Spybot, ccleaner and antivirus scans and haven't found anything wrong.

I'm not running any non-standard addons or plugins except for adblock. I've tried it without adblock. This just made webpage ads appear, increased webpage loading times and did not fix the problem. I'm even using the default theme.

I also tried updating to firefox 16. It's still doing this. has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone think of anything I haven't tried that would probably help?
Thanks

Also: firefox is only using about 200MB of my ram.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom