Firefox bookmarks ?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile

have you lost them or something.

you can always save them inside the browser.

You can also export them.

Click Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks, File, Export, then give the file a name and Save.

The bookmarks in FX do sometimes get lost, they are working on a fix for it. Why? I'm not positive, it just get deleted every now and then. Anyhow, to fix this, i suggest running a search on it. If not, use a freeware tool that recovers deleted files. No file is gone forever.
-blitze

i've heard of this bug in firefox but have never had the problem myself.

if you even lose your settings or bookmarks you can always run

Firefox.exe -profilemanager

in the windows run command.

most of the time it just forgets what profile your using.

Bookmarks are sorted in:

c:\documents and settings\[your windows logon]\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\[random salting].[your profile name]\bookmarks.html

Most of the time people "lose" their bookmarks they are not gone, just the link between fx and your profile has been lost.

Thanks guys,

Well....yeah i did lost ALL my bookmarks for a paradoxial reason !!!

The bookmarks in the browser got into default ! and wn i opened the bookmarks.html , logically i found the default bookmarks as well !

Now guess wat ?!!

wat "jinexile " said just worked !! so ppl with the same problem ....save the path ;) much thanks for ya

One last thing for ppl who might have to do this....to see ur bookmarks again in the browser , click Bookmarks > Manage bookmarks > File> Import > Click the bookmarks.html "that got ur stuff".

Thanks for ya all

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom