Firefox Bookmarks Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngreffman

Beta member
Ok, I looked through all the posts, though I didn't see this, and I know it's a common problem. My firefox keeps randomly resetting its settings on me. I remember reading a long time ago on how to fix it, but I can't seem to find it now. I know it's caused by firefox being open during an improper system shutdown, but the problem seems to start snowballing once it happens. Is there any difinitive/simple solution to this problem? Also, if the only solution is to backup/restore my settings when it happens, how do I go about doing this, like what exactly do I need to back up? Thanks for your time.

Tried it :confused: and it still doesn't seem to solve the problem. I know I'm not alone in this as I remember reading a topic about this before... I just don't know which files to backup and replace when this happens.

Since you have uninstalled 'Firefox' (all traces, registry and all) and reinstalled (from different site than first) and it hasn't helped;

maybe

I don't want to advise to go back to IE. Have you tried Opera. I have it and FF, get it to see if it happens with Opera;

or

In address bar type 'about:config'. You will have to do a bit of research into what is what, change a few things and see if they still default back.

All that seems to be about to me is missing bookmarks,

Mate, get bacl to us, tell us your problems and what your solutions are, that is so others can trouble shoot

Glider said:
All that seems to be about to me is missing bookmarks,

Mate, get bacl to us, tell us your problems and what your solutions are, that is so others can trouble shoot

well it sounded like he lost his profile which has your settings.

that link had info about getting your profile back.

1st off i would try getting to your firefox profile manager

go to the Run command "Firefox.exe -profilemanager"

i would also make sure you have the latest version of firefox.

i would uninstall the old one 1st.

I have reformatted once or twice in the interum and had the same results. I'm going to try the idea on the FF forum tonight and I'll let you all know how it works out. Btw... I lose more than my bookmarks everytime this happens. I also lose personal settings and preferences, which is not such a huge deal, but it's just kind of inconvenient. Also, I do have the latest build which I installed after the last forat I did. Thanks to everyone for having patience with the noob here! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom