firefox blocking

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
this only happens on my desktop. but i can not find what i am doing wrong, or what setting is wrong. whenever i click on a link to another page (usually but not always) from g mail, i get a drop down bar saying that Firefox is blocking the page. i do have the pop up blocker checked in settings. which is another strange part of this. i still get quite a few pop ups. but i have to click the button that allows the page to load almost every time. my desktop is running the old Vista O.S. whereas my laptop that has none of these issues is running Windows 10. i dont know if the O.S. is part of the problem, or i just can not find the correct place to fix this.

Could you show a screenshot of the message you're seeing? Also, what version of FF are you running on the problem system compared to the Win10 system?

not really sure how to post a screen shot. i tried, but when i tried to post just the screen shot, this board sent back a pop up saying that my post was 62975 characters long, and i needed to shorten it to 50000. so i am doing the best i can here. i wrote down what it says. the bar that i get when i tried to come here from my email says this

" Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page." then there is a box that i click on that says "Allow" , and that redirects the browser here.

as far as which version, i can not remember how to find that out. so my brain will need a jump start. at least 60,000 volts please!

yep, that fixed it. Thanx for about the 400th time! to bad i only get to leave thanks about every 5th time you help me.

yep, it was like a small sliver. it aggravates you a little at a time until it becomes unbearable. then you have to stop what your doing and just deal with it. i am a pretty patient man, which is both good and bad. this one has been bugging me for at least 2 months, most likely longer. but its not my primary computer anymore, mostly because it is as slow as a 100 year old turtle.

Weird is that I have the same issue and it's amazing first I open is this topic.

Solved, thanks for that. Now I can get back to Firefox :)

Back
Top Bottom