Firefox and Utorrent Problem....

downloaded AIM so i could quit using meebo and guess what " connection failed" something is blocking apps n programs from the net but my IE browser works.....i can surf the web and not have a connection to sign on AIM at the same time

I would suggest using a different computer other than your mother's. If you happen to screw something up, I'm sure she will not be happy. if you are logging in on your own profile, she may have set it so you can't install certain programs and connect to problematic sites.

It's possible that a firewall is blocking the programs... is it just windows firewall that's enabled? If so, try disabling it (control panel => windows firewall => off) temporarily and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then you need to make it a bit more lenient by allowing those programs through!

I will do the 1st part for sure....and no its just her profile...IDK people are too smart for there own good

well i looked at that before I posted to begin with and it was actually off, I can say I didnt have it turned off. I turned it on, but it wasnt working before and usually i think I would have gotten a pop up asking if I wanted to "continue" blocking something....I ran that anti malware and it didnt find anything...house call trend micro froze and stopped working....Idk what to do...FML!

Back
Top Bottom