Firefox 3.0 RC1

the only thing I'm not liking is that some of my add-ons are not working... so I'm either gonna have to find an alternative, or modify some code for it to work. luckily I found a tutorial to do that.

the only thing I'm not liking is that some of my add-ons are not working.

yeah they prob wont all work for a few weeks after the final release is out. I have my bookmarks organised in a particular way and it took a while to get them like that and find that they get messed up importing them into this version. i don't want to have to redo them.

mine didn't get moved at all. I also found that if you do an alphabetical sort, and then unselect it it goes back to how it was. quite nifty.

the only thing I'm not liking is that some of my add-ons are not working... so I'm either gonna have to find an alternative, or modify some code for it to work. luckily I found a tutorial to do that.

It's not that bad. Just wait a month or so for them to be compatible when the final release is out. Some of my plugins didn't work either, but I'm still using Firefox 3 either way. :)

Ehh... I hate how when you download something, it checks for viruses. There's no option anywhere to disable it...

01 - Open a new tab in Firefox and paste in the address bar "about:config" and type Enter key (it's a configuration page that displays a lot of options... be careful)

02 - In the filter option, paste this "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" This way you get the only setting we want to change quicker.

03 - Double click to change the value to false, you will see after that the setting changed to black colour and says User set for the status.

04 - Restart Firefox and test by downloading a file to see if the virus scan starts.

This worked for me...

01 - Open a new tab in Firefox and paste in the address bar "about:config" and type Enter key (it's a configuration page that displays a lot of options... be careful)

02 - In the filter option, paste this "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" This way you get the only setting we want to change quicker.

03 - Double click to change the value to false, you will see after that the setting changed to black colour and says User set for the status.

04 - Restart Firefox and test by downloading a file to see if the virus scan starts.

This worked for me...

Cool thanks for that!

Well believe it or not i've never gotten a virus and I download TONS of crap that you think would have something in there.

Back
Top Bottom