Finally, Sorted it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ahhh finally i sorted my internet (2mb broadband at 26K modem speeds) and its even better than it was before :D Ahhh its so great to have reliable broadband youu only notice once its gone...

That is some crazy upload speed for 2MB DSL, especially as on my ISP's website they said they limit it to 256K upload, meh :)

Usually about 1950Kb download but my xbox 360 is downloading PGR4 demo :p

Its rock solid now, if i download on an uncapped speed server it is always 100 percent dead on 248Kbps download.

*glares*

My parents are paying for 8mb line, and I get a slower line test then that (almost the same UL, half the DL)

*glares*

Did you go with Virgin?

Nope, stayed with Talk Talk, emailed the CEO. 2 hours later an actual, british, intelligent engineer phoned me up :). Took about a week but we managed to eventually sort out the problem, he sent us a US Robotics modem that was limited to 2MB broadband because more than 2mb kept disconnecting, but under 2mb and the speed was very inconsistent. So he uncapped our broadband on the 2mb router, so its very fast and reliable basicly, thats why the upload is so fast. If we had a router that didnt limit it the download would only be about 2500Kbps anyway, but it would disconnect 3 or 4 times a minute.

*glares*

My parents are paying for 8mb line, and I get a slower line test then that (almost the same UL, half the DL)

*glares*

You might be paying for 'Up To 8mb' line, in which case it can be anything... how far are you from your exchange ?

That is some crazy upload speed for 2MB DSL, especially as on my ISP's website they said they limit it to 256K upload, meh :)

I'll say, mine was showing 716 for upload (limited is 768 according to Qwest) and my line is 7mbps down. That's a pretty impressive upload speed all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom