FINALLY heading home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on the video thing, thats one of those things that makes one's heart warm :) Congratulations also!

Hi guys!! I am finally back in the states still wont see my family until Nov but its getting closer and at least I am away from that ****-hole. So guess what I did first day back .... in and out burger, and got sick as **** lol. The next day (my brother is a bartender at the hilton in mission bay) I got a free steak dinner at the Hilton and it was AMAZING. Should be on my way to DC around Nov 8th so 2 weeks of California (where the **** is the sun at by the way its been cloudy since I got back) to chill and do nothing. I am probably going to grab a good pc game, since I have missed a bunch since I have been gone and get caught up on that. Oh and drink Maitai's (spelling) I guess they are really good so going to stock up on a 2 week supply lol

Welcome back, go on home and go wack a mole crazy on that old pc.
When your done look up thread you started with the new pc and give me a buzz or somebody else here. ;)

By the way don't eat to fast the last thing or your family wants for you to do is have a heart attack, we're all getting old dude, except the teens here...

Awesome news bro. Glad to hear the news!

I'd like to share something that kind of "hit home" to me the other day. Sunday night I saw Saving Abel in concert. No matter what your music interests are, this one is one I won't forget. They have a song called 18 Days, which is in reference to "18 days and counting" with being overseas and away from your family and the place you call home. There's an army base only 2 miles from the venue, and two relatively young uniformed women showed up at the concert, whom were farther back in the crowd. When the band came back out for an encore, I was right there in the front row waiting. I heard a bunch of commotion behind me and I turned around, only to see people in the crowd who were definitely strangers to the army women shouting "US ARMY! US ARMY!" as they began to push the two women towards the front of the crowd. The ladies came to the front, directly to my left, and were (if anything) seemed to be embarrassed, but otherwise laughing and having fun. The singer gave an impromptu speech about the armed services, and how we should all be thankful for every single thing that they do and every single thing that they sacrifice, all while the rest of the band played a very slow backdrop of Sweet Home Alabama. It fit perfectly. After what seemed to be an hour long of endless cheering and clapping, the band finally began their song.

At first, it seemed like a normal song. But I looked over at one point, and not only were the two girls in tears while singing along, but so was half of the crowd. Tall muscular guys, guys covered in tattoos, women who were old enough to be my grandmother, among a wide variety of people in the college age group. It was an extremely powerful performance, and one I was very thankful to experience up close and personal.

Serious kudos to what you and your brothers and sisters do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom