Finally! Got myself a "job"

It's not really a job, but it's something I can do without a greencard, legally, until I can get it. I'll be tutoring math (Trigonometry, Functions, Statistics, maybe some Algebra 2) at school. The way it'll work is someone calls me and sets up a day to meet. I'll tutor and they pay me. Pretty much my whole calculus class is doing this; our teacher told us not to do anything for less than $10 an hour. According to him (this is a fact), our district is too spoiled by kids with rich parents (unfortunately I'm not one lol) and the parents will just pay us for doing this. I'm hoping to get at least 5 hours a week of tutoring. Considering all I get is $20/month for allowance this will be a good step-up. I'll also be doing this the whole year so I'm hoping to get at least a good $500 out of this before December. $300 will go to pay my dad for computer parts. Then I'll probably have to start paying him for the car he's going to buy me. After that I'll just save up for a laptop/new rig.

Nice. It's always nice to have a job. When you get a real one, the satisfaction of that paycheck is like no other. Congrats. :)

My friend is doing this too. He's getting $20 an hour to teach math to 7th Graders.

Back
Top Bottom