finally drank the jobsian kool aid

so any way to make it a portable USB drive?, (yet another thing that a windows phone does "out of the box").

Honestly, here is my opinion. You really need to stop your bitching. If the iPhone is not cutting it for you, get rid of it. It's working wonders for a lot of people. No need to make this a competition about how bad they are. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you will change the mind of others who have had this phone for a while. So sell it and STFU.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Honestly, here is my opinion. You really need to stop your bitching. If the iPhone is not cutting it for you, get rid of it. It's working wonders for a lot of people. No need to make this a competition about how bad they are. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you will change the mind of others who have had this phone for a while. So sell it and STFU.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

+1

I don't understand why people buy some things then complain about the features they don't offer. If you want a phone that can be used as a portable usb drive buy a WM phone. I do kind of agree that it sucks not being able to simply do it but whatever I've got the best touch screen, complete iTunes integration, massive internal storage, access to 90K plus apps, a very nice UI, and the functionality I want from my phone.

The iPhone isn't meant to be a business class phone. It's a multimedia phone first and foremost. It does have some business features but lacks some of the features that other phones do offer. The things the iPhone does "it does very well".

Now if you really want to make it a portable usb drive you can jailbreak the phone and install SBsettings and openSSH. You can then get WinSCP for your desktop and root into the phone to access all the internal folders. From which you can put any file you want within the device. You just have to enable SSH and root the device each time you want to do it. The only reason I've got it is because of cycorder. If I didn't have that there would be no way I could remove the video's I shoot from the device since I've got the 3G. And if you want to take it a step farther you can download Safari Download Manger to download any extension and store it on the phone. By default you can't download any real file extensions onto the device.

About the only files you can download and (View) are Word, Excel & Powerpoint files. The view feature works really well since I check some excel and powerpoint presentations via email on the fly for school at times. I don't miss the edit feature that my Tilt offered because editing a word, powerpoint, excel doc on a 2.8" screen is a joke anyways.

Back
Top Bottom