Final build! Please critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
After taxes and then MIRs, mine will cost me 1098$. It's 15% taxes to me in Nova Scotia i believe =(

I think the ACF7P comes with a stock 120mm fan already.

They should be cheap though, like you can get a decent one for $10.

Consider that there's over $130 difference between the NCIX and DirectCanada builds that are pretty much identical, with the DC build having a little bit of an edge with a better psu, memory and heatsink. Well, just ask around and do more research.

Another thing is, if you have some patience, I'd wait for the Phenom X4's, 8800GTS V2 and HD3800 series, see what happens with them, and you can even wait a little until January 08 for the Yorkfields (Q9450 in particular) especially when it's going to be almost the same price as the Q6600 on release.

I'm thinking maybe just keeping the ACF7P instead of the thermalright because i'm cheap, and i THINK the ACF7P can handle it. But i'm definetly buying my 8800gt at the site you pointed me to. Much cheaper, and in stock! Altough, it is clocked a lot lower, do you think i'd be able to OC it from 600mhz to 700+?

PS i'm using vista, 64 bit (sorry for forgetting to reply to you peter)

Ah yes duely noted.
When the new 8800gts comes out, it will probably be a bit more than the current cost of the GT? If so, i'll just grab the Evga GT now and step-up later.

Another thing, will i need the phenoms for gaming? I'm only going to be using it for a bit of gaming, and i'm so bloody impatient =P

Your input is VERY MUCH appreciated =)

Well, truth is, we don't know yet, all I know is that the Phenom X4's are probably going to be cheaper than the Core 2 Quads and may or may not perform a lot better. Wait and see, late November man, we're talking maybe less than 2 weeks from now, as well as for the 8800GTS V2, I'm sure you can wait a little :)

But i haven't lived more than 2 days without a pc since basic training >.<

I don't know if i can handle it!

Well i'll see if i can hold out until tomorrow. Then the next day, etc. Hopefully the Phenoms will soon be out and killing the Core2 Quads in price and performance, the GT's will be in stock and at a reasonable price, or the GTS will be out; better and cheaper.

Good night folks, i guess i'll wait it out. I'll likely be back to bug you all for help in a few weeks =)

Yo man, you and I, as well as many other people are in this together. I might need to stick to this old Pentium 4/TNT2/PC100-RAM rig of mine until January because I'm fairly set on getting into some Yorkfield action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom