Final build! Please critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Here is what i have finally decided to order as my computer. It will be used mostly for gaming (i'm not looking to run Crysis at max settings or anything), and HD playback. I will overclock everything a little bit, but i'm not looking to break any records.

I already have the HDDs, the dvd burner, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers.

Please let me know if i have forgotten anything, or if there are any changes you feel should be made!

Attachments

• comp.JPG
    comp.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 38
Thing is, that Tuniq costs 30$ more, and i only want to get to about 3.0-3.2Ghz on my q6600. Is the ACF7 that bad?

And i'm getting that ram because it's on at 139$ after rebate, for 4GB! =O

^ Well, I guess that's a decent deal... 4GB of ram ain't really worth it, for me, I'm running under XP, but if you're going Vista, maybe it's another story, but if you are going XP I'd just get 2GB at almost half or less that price, and good RAM at that:

NCIX.com - Buy Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - BL2KIT12864AA804 In Canada.

Overclock em to 1200MHz @ 5-5-5-15 timings, 2GB is more than enough.

Plus you can take the extra money and get the Tuniq for better cooling and overclocking justice.

I know the PSU is cheap ($40 with MIR) but it seems a little iffy to me. I'd go with the 520HX or VX-550 for something that you will definitely not regret.

Actually, just don't buy from NCIX even, I find their shipping costs suck to the max. Give me a minute to build you something similar from somewhere else.

K man, I just built you the most kickarse system imaginable and it's a lot CHEAPER with TAX and SHIPPING! Take a look:

$1,010.88 (Tax and shipping included)

$965.88 (with Mail-in-rebates)

ultimatebuildrf9.png

Whadda'ya think? :D It's at DirectCanada.com, really the best prices there overall and they keep up to date as far as new hardware and new prices. Plus shipping is a dream at $10 flat!!

You're going to really hate me for not mentioning this earlier, but if you buy a q6600 from NCIX they waive all your shipping fees for the entire order.

K man, I just built you the most kickarse system imaginable and it's a lot CHEAPER with TAX and SHIPPING! Take a look:

$1,010.88 (Tax and shipping included)

$965.88 (with Mail-in-rebates)

ultimatebuildrf9.png

Whadda'ya think? :D It's at DirectCanada.com, really the best prices there overall and they keep up to date as far as new hardware and new prices. Plus shipping is a dream at $10 flat!!

VERY VERY good..

that same system would cost the same in American Dollars...

You're going to really hate me for not mentioning this earlier, but if you buy a q6600 from NCIX they waive all your shipping fees for the entire order.

I think my build is still cheaper, but I dunno, how much is the NCIX build gonna cost you when you total everything up including taxes and MIRs? Plus you have to consider that the RAM, the heatsink and power supply are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom