file wont delete

run hijackthis, then post your results at hijackthis.de and see if you have any nasties in there.
woz

just open the file then play it and stop it then close it then try to delete it again...

if not work then use commend ( start > run > "cmd") to delete it quickly and easily

i hope you know how to use commend (MS-DOS)

Well, ms-dos is the main thing runnig windows 2000 and below. And command promt is.. well just something you can type commands into.

Might wanna double check that.. Because i really dont know for sure now.. Lol..

Try using Tune-up Utilities 2006 - It has a shredder utility, that usually deletes files that doing it the normal way wont. It uses the Secure deletion code or something, and repeats it however many times you set it to, to totally remove the file.

Hope it helps.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, ms-dos is the main thing runnig windows 2000 and below. And command promt is.. well just something you can type commands into.

Might wanna double check that.. Because i really dont know for sure now.. Lol..

MS-DOS (command.com) is a 16-bit relic from the days of yore. It only supports 8.3 filenames, and is primarily there to allow 16-bit programs to run with near full compatibility. Notice how it lags when you run it under XP? That's the weird-ass emulation that's going on.

Command Prompt is the new 32-bit powerhouse. It's far nicer to use, look at and it doesn't lag like hell. Use it.

i dowloaded a few uninstaller programs.. those only uninstall programs... i was just trying to delete a video file that does nothing.. im sure its something not good.. when i try to open it, my computer gets all freezy

Amd64 said:
i dowloaded a few uninstaller programs.. those only uninstall programs... i was just trying to delete a video file that does nothing.. im sure its something not good.. when i try to open it, my computer gets all freezy

I had the same problem...

Do as I've stated above, download TuneUp Utilities 2006 and use it's shredder utility to get rid of the video file.

Trust me, it works. :D

Back
Top Bottom