file sanitizing

alifleet

Beta member
]Hi all
I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on a situation I have at work. My boss has accused me of "shredding" my pc saying that before I went off sick that I "done" something to my pc and now there is nothing on it cos I have used a file sanitizer on it. I asked him what he meant by nothing on mypc i.e is it formatted and he said its back to like a new pc. I asked him what date did this "file sanitizer" take place and he said he doesnt know but he'll get his techy guy to prove it was me. He then got his "techy" guy to look into it and has now come back with ...
IT support confirmed that your account on the server has been sanitized. They compared this to other accounts on the server including staff members and Branch Officers and it is only your account that has been cleared. It was identified on the report as a PC but that is because it was the PC you used that it was checked on. Due to the purpose of the sanitizer no date will be able to identified.
So now it seems that it's not my pc thats been "shredded" but my account on the server that's been cleared! It seems like I'm being stitched up by folk who dont seem to have a clue. Surely whatever file has been ran, the server would be able to show log dates or something?
does anyone know what a server sanitizer is -thanks Alifleet

Back
Top Bottom