Fez II Cancelled

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Phil Fish cancelled Fez II over the weekend like the dbag he is. Not sure if anyone has seen the movie Indie Game: The Movie. Its on Netflix and pretty good. One of the Indie devs is Phil Fish with his game Fez and chronicling his story/process. He basically whines to the camera/audience the entire time and then still releases Fez like 2+ years after that movie.

Anyways, Fez was still a lot and it is one of the games responsible for the rise of Indie developing today. So when Fez II was announced last month a lot of people were excited. But I guess Phil Fish got butthurt and quit games.

Here's a story about it hear with some additional links within the story.

Meh, dont care about Fez 1, sure dont care about fez 2...

I didn't get the hype this game got. I played it for a couple of hours and stopped after getting to a puzzle that I couldn't figure out. When I looked up the answer, it made absolutely zero sense and I stopped right there. They praised it for being an intellectual challenge, which in some cases it was, but when you put puzzles in a game that can only be solved through trial and error, you lose me.

I didn't get the hype this game got. I played it for a couple of hours and stopped after getting to a puzzle that I couldn't figure out. When I looked up the answer, it made absolutely zero sense and I stopped right there. They praised it for being an intellectual challenge, which in some cases it was, but when you put puzzles in a game that can only be solved through trial and error, you lose me.

Thanks for actually providing something to the topic at hand.

When it was announced in 2007 it was ambitious for an indie dev. It looked cool, had cool music, etc. It was a pretty unique idea, look and feel from an indie gamer and it was gonna be an XBLA game.

But then it got delayed hundreds of times and lots of drama with the Phil Fish. Just a fiasco and it generated a lot of buzz in itself.

I still think the game is fun and cool though.

I saw a pic of Phil Fish god that guy looks like a tool especially with those dumb ass glasses

Back
Top Bottom