Few questions.

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
As some of you know, my laptop, that Ive only had for about 2 years, is going dead. Dead USB ports, and its HOT. (im sure I could buy a laptop cooler, but i dont think its worth the money)And the USB ports arent fixable.I dont think its going to last much longer.

Ive got a new laptop picked out, But I really dont need it till next year. And Ive been wanting to build a desktop.
Questions -

1. Can i use the Vista CD's my laptop came with for my new desktop? If not, Would it be cheaper to just buy a new license, or just buy it new. Or Would I be able to use the the hard drive in my laptop on the desktop i want to build?

2. What should I do with the this laptop? Salvage the memory and sell it? Save the hard drive and use it as external? Try to sell this laptop on ebay? Use it till it completely goes out? Which i dont think will be long.

3. The laptop i want is $900. And the desktop, excluding the OS is $600. Which should I get first? I was thinking about getting the desktop built. And wait till next year when i get more financial aid to get the laptop, and Ask for it When Christmas and my Birthday comes around.

Sorry about the long post.

1. Can i use the Vista CD's my laptop came with for my new desktop? If not, Would it be cheaper to just buy a new license, or just buy it new.

Just purchase another license.

Or Would I be able to use the the hard drive in my laptop on the desktop i want to build?

That won't work.

What should I do with the this laptop? Salvage the memory and sell it? Save the hard drive and use it as external? Try to sell this laptop on ebay? Use it till it completely goes out? Which i dont think will be long.

^
The laptop i want is $900. And the desktop, excluding the OS is $600. Which should I get first? I was thinking about getting the desktop built. And wait till next year when i get more financial aid to get the laptop, and Ask for it When Christmas and my Birthday comes around.

Purchase the desktop. You can't afford to skimp on notebooks.

How much is another license?
Edit - Newegg sells a license for 179.99, Vista is only 99.99.

Back
Top Bottom