Status
Not open for further replies.

BQfromNY

Solid State Member

Please tell me what you think of this build. Iam willing to listen to all +/= feedback as well as any suggestions. Please keep in mind Iam not to educated about computer hardware (although I do know more about it then "non computer people)

CASE: CoolerMaster Cosmos S Gaming Full Tower 420W Case w/ Transparent Side Panel + the Thermaltake DuOrb CPU Cooling Fan(Slient 21dBA & Overclock Proof w/ Highest Efficiency Cooling) w/ 3 Extra Case Cooling Fans - gotta keep things cool for I will be OCing

CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-bit - should I go for the extreme version?

CD: LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

CD2: 16X DVD ROM

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

KEYBOARD: Saitek Eclipse-II (PK02U) Gaming Keyboard

MOUSE: Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard

MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: 680 Watts Power Supplies (Hush Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready just in case)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO - will upgrade later

SPEAKERS: Logitech X-240 2.1 Configuration Subwoofer Speakers System

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 1GB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered)

WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card

COST: Around $2,300

So... Your thoughts? Will this be able to run crysis at or around max settings? (just using that as a bench mark)

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

Go Intel? And by that I mean, use an Intel chipset motherboard such as the X48 or P45. Then get an HD 4870 or HD 4870X2 for your graphics card. Not sure what brand your PSU is, but get a Corsair 750 and that should be all you will ever need, plus it is quite cheap.

Right now the best band for your buck lies with ATI graphics and Intel chipsets. The Nvidia motherboards are just prone to too much difficulty and problems.

That x48 boad is like $180 more - you sure its worth it? My goal was to stay under $2000 and still get a rig that can play crysis at the full settings (again as a benchmark). You can see Iam already over my budget by about $300. If you (and others) agree its worth it then I will probably go for it.

BTW - I still need a monitor as well (and a printer, and a router, and a... LOL you get the point)

== BQ ==

Looks like you are buying this of IBuypower or Cyberpower... I recommend building this yourself

Get a P45 board. Who is Hush power supply? I personally don't like saitek keyboards and you can check out the razer lachesis

Looks like you are buying this of IBuypower or Cyberpower... I recommend building this yourself

Yeah.

If you order the parts and put it together yourself, you could get a Q9550 processor, a much better motherboard, dual HD 4850 graphics cards, a nicer case, a stronger power supply, a faster hard drive, a nicer keyboard and mouse, and a 22" monitor, all for 2000 dollars. And you'll also be able to do more overclocking, and the computer and setup would be about 500 dollars cheaper, and much better.

Yeah.

If you order the parts and put it together yourself, you could get a Q9550 processor, a much better motherboard, dual HD 4850 graphics cards, a nicer case, a stronger power supply, a faster hard drive, a nicer keyboard and mouse, and a 22" monitor, all for 2000 dollars. And you'll also be able to do more overclocking, and the computer and setup would be about 500 dollars cheaper, and much better.

I figured out what my current build would cost via newegg and it only save me about $300 so I dont see how I can get all of that + a monitor for $2000

it's onboard. You can configure it

@ bqfromny
Do you really need the q9650? Are you going to overclock. Q9550 E0's should start showing up soon and will only be $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom