Fedora vs. Suse

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Out of you that have tried both, what do you like better, Fedora core 4 (or 5) or Suse 10.0? I've tried Suse with the Gnome engine, don't now how the other option, KDE or something is, but what do you guys like better. Screenshots anyone? :p

I used to be a fan of KDE, but I'm starting to prefer GNOME - the problem with KDE is it tries to pack too much in, there's too much clutter on the menus, and having to use the HORRIBLE Konqueror to browse files is a no-no.

I prefer GNOME now simply because it's cleaner, less cluttered, less things being thrown at you, and also because it's got a decent file browser (Nautilus) - Konqueror sucks for everything, it's horrible to use and it hogs my top of the range system, as well as being compatible with basically f*** all when you try and browse the net with it.

As for the original question, I'd choose Suse, simply because FC comes loaded with all sorts of crap you'll never use, and because neither is easier than the other. They're both idiot-proof.

I use SimplyMEPIS myself - just like Ubuntu, but with working sound.

If you like a system that has a good base and aren't afraid to use the command line to administer or build packages, Fedora is a good choice.

If you like a easy to configure system with additional corporate support, Suse is a good choice.

Suse=good for normal desktop user.

Fedora=Better for more advanced users who are not looking for a version of linux that runs like XP(aka advanced thought processing into every day tasks)

dude first of, Welcome to computer forums. And second off, try to stay up to date when it comes to reply's, the forum's tend to frown upon draggin up older threads. Thanks DUDE, And Welcome Again!

Back
Top Bottom