Fear maxing out cpu and slower down no matter what settings. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Well I have a Amd64 3000+ @ 2.51ghz which I thought was way more than you needed for fear. When I let the game set its self up it sets everything to max. Problem is the cpu will go to full load and the game will slow down. It even does it with low settings. Why is this? I have a fast enough cpu it should run fine.

Its defiently not the cpu. I know this because I can turn all the graphics settings all the way down or all the way up and it will do the samething. Plus the game actually freezes for a split second and my ati tool fps counter doesn't change, and I keep the task manager open and check it and the cpu is hitting 100% load ~90% of the time.

But the gfx card is a HIS X1800gto 256mb flashed to a XL with a modified bios running 16pipes @730mhz core and 730mhz mem. I get about 9800 in 3dmark05.

make sure u dont have any other programs running like firefox or AIM. also go through all ur tasks and get rid of all the ones u dont need. maybe try new drivers for ur gfx card.

it might be the driver problem. make sure you have the latest or at least compatible graphics driver for it.

I have the newest omega drivers. Which are made from the catalyst 6.5 drivers.
For some reason its not as bad as it used to be though. I'm running the cpu options at medium and it only slows down every once in a while. But shouldn't I be able to run it on maximum?

No way FEAR won't run on max with that CPU. My cpu is similar to yours (3.2ghz intel) and I too had to run FEAR on medium cpu settings, thats just the way it goes.

Fear doesn't seem to be as fluent as other PC games like doom 3, or especially half life 2 which would easily max on your system. The physics in FEAR arn't even nearly at noticable as half life 2's it doesnt really make sense but thats just how it goes.

FEAR is not really optimized well for any machine out there. its just very badly made game. i have x2 4800+ @ 2.8GHz w/7800GTX512. and at 1024x768 maxed setting, it still lags. every other game (except cod2 and oblivion) i can run it maxed setting at 1600x1200. there were many thread about this. mb u should search the PC gaming section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom