FEAR Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I downloaded the FEAR beta...to my suprise I was able to max it out and use 2x AA on my X800 Pro and it still be playable. I get around 10-30 fps. However, is it possible that the full game could perform much better than the beta? I've heard that betas generally are much harder on the graphics card than full games. Your thoughts on this and also how this game turns out will help me decide when I'm going to upgrade my video card.

What are your system specs?....I wouldn't recommend anything lower than a 6600 GT for this game....it has probably the best graphics i've seen in a game....and its free on fileplanet.com.

from what I've seen of the beta it looks like crap to what the single player full version will look like....I'm sure of course single player will be optimized to run better, however, if the graphics are better I wouldn't be surprised if it runs the same as it does now for you or worse.

I have a 9800 pro. It will work on low don't worry, battlefield 2 does with a constant 28 ping. I have no doubts in my mind.

Nubius said:
from what I've seen of the beta it looks like crap to what the single player full version will look like....I'm sure of course single player will be optimized to run better, however, if the graphics are better I wouldn't be surprised if it runs the same as it does now for you or worse.

Yeah, I hear this game will also be highly optimized for Nvidia cards. However, i recently found out that it will be a SM2.0 based game, but will use SM3 for performance increases. I hope it doesn't run worse :( I'm debating on whether or not I should go with a 7800 or X900, or just snatch a 6800 GT for cheap when the prices go down.

I just watched the in-game tech demo that goes with the beta....the graphics are so awesome, but I'm definately going to need a new video card for this one.

Yeah, I watched that too, its f*in awesome... I was averaging like 20fps on max settings, no AA... There werent any servers i could find that I would get less than 500 ping, so i didnt bother playing againt ppl, but in an empty server, the graphics were a lil off, but if they look anything like they do in the demo when it is released its gona be awesome. And how freaky is that girl!! eww its like doom, but its more fantasy so its cool

VIII said:
Yeah, I watched that too, its f*in awesome... I was averaging like 20fps on max settings, no AA... There werent any servers i could find that I would get less than 500 ping, so i didnt bother playing againt ppl, but in an empty server, the graphics were a lil off, but if they look anything like they do in the demo when it is released its gona be awesome. And how freaky is that girl!! eww its like doom, but its more fantasy so its cool

What are your system specs?

Nubius said:

This is what I heard too. The screenshots for the BETA don't look good.

That girl ireminds me of the Resident Evil (movie) girl.

This game is suppose to be scarier than Doom 3. How is the ambience sounds in the BETA? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom