Favorite Weapons Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
ok, so i'm not a big weapons buff, but i just saw a ad describing how to become a ninja and it got me thinking about what cool weapons are out there. When I was younger, there was one kid that of weapons that no one else had. Switch blade, Butterfly knife, dart / bb guns, bow and arrow, etc. Of course, these were never used to threaten people, but were more of collector pieces. No one else had this stuff so it was fun to handle and play with. Anyways, much later in life, another friend of mine joins a gun club. He invites me to a shooting range and we shoot all kinds of guns. Everything from a 9mm to .45 ... (hmmm, no 50 cals on deck) and even a 9mm full auto. My favorite though was the 38 cal with .375 rounds. The feel of the weapon and kick were most exciting.

What are some of you fav weapons and why? any good stories to share?

I stay old school. Swords, hatchets, bow and arrow, blowpipe, throwing knives, etc. Also made a few ball bearing/marble guns (air pressure powered) to get rid of the crows around our house. They destroy everything, including other bird nests in the area and any chicks get tossed out and/or eaten.

When I was 15 our eccentric grandfather came over to visit. He put an apple on his head and got us to shoot it XD we did too, but only from about 5 meters away.

Don't own any actual guns, mostly because Australia has some pretty tough gun laws (oh and look at how low our armed-crime rates are). But I also find using something I made myself to be much more fun, especially figuring out how to make it better.
Blowpipes went from being inaccurate and flimsy to accurate enough to hit a bottlecap from 20 meters with enough force to put a bicycle spoke so deep in a tree you'd have a hard time pulling it out.
Bows went from branches with string tied on both ends to shaped pieces of wood (compound bow ftw) accurate to a fair distance too.
Still working on the hatchet-throwing skills, but getting pretty good at flicking a knife around. Useful skill I figure :p not too many people know how to throw 'em

Also took fencing lessons for a few years, though my sword collection (machetes, eastern swords) might not be suited to that lol

I got 5 guns... first was at 12. Nice .22 cal rifle. It's hard to shoot bird with it, so I moved up to a 20 gauge shot gun.
Then a 30-30 lever for deer, then a .308 cal as it was a overall better gun.

Got a sweet 20 gauge remington pump shotgun for bird and clay pidgeons. Onky 3 shot as Canada mandates 3 max. 1 in chamber, 2 in tube.

Funnest gun I've used is a .22cal pistol. Lot-o-fun.

I got 5 guns... first was at 12. Nice .22 cal rifle. It's hard to shoot bird with it, so I moved up to a 20 gauge shot gun.
Then a 30-30 lever for deer, then a .308 cal as it was a overall better gun.

Got a sweet 20 gauge remington pump shotgun for bird and clay pidgeons. Onky 3 shot as Canada mandates 3 max. 1 in chamber, 2 in tube.

Funnest gun I've used is a .22cal pistol. Lot-o-fun.
I too enjoy the .22 pistol.

Couple years ago when I was still living with my friend I wanted to buy his .22 pistol. It had a red dot sight on it and I offered him 300 for it. He said he couldn't sell it to me for that price but instead wound up selling it for 100 bucks cheaper to some schmuck at his store. What's funny is the first time we went shooting at his range he thought I had never fired a gun before in my life (even after telling him I've had much experience....he tends not to believe me) and I loaded it, and fired to his target sticker 30yds away putting them all relatively in the center with iron sights. Was great fun looking at his face after we had taken a look at that target. Here was the pistol I shot.

DSCN0006-2.jpg

DSCN0013-1.jpg

VSCN0008-1.jpg

The thing I like the best is a Wakizashi. I have trained with these before and own 2 myself, and a Katana. I would take a pic of my favorite one, but it is literally just a sharpened piece of metal with fabric on the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom