Favorite OS?

Windows is a very powerful OS if you know what you're doing. The same goes for Linux.

It's Windows Vista for me though. Probably the best Microsoft OS to date.
thats so true!
i voted windows (would be xp)
linux is great, its so useful but you need to know what your doing and the limited support compared to windows puts me off. still nice as a dual boot maybe. its just too much hassle

IMO Windows is the best for compatibility with hardware, as well as the tremendous availablity of programs and games. Macs, Linux, etc. don't have as much of a selection, from what I see.

thats so true!
i voted windows (would be xp)
linux is great, its so useful but you need to know what your doing and the limited support compared to windows puts me off. still nice as a dual boot maybe. its just too much hassle
Yeah thats one thing linux needs to work on .Making it easier to use setup, understand and some publicity cos i know a few people that use their machines for basic web tasks and word processing who paid for XP when for their use linux would be free and pretty well suited but when i said linux to them they had no clue so i had to explain

Linux. The latest I've tried was Elive. It is a really graphic oriented OS, but just doesn't work with shound and the fglrx drivers is considered dangerous.

Oh well, it's Debian, meeting Enlightenment Desktop environement.

Good side though, it came with emulators!

Well, I love linux and I can get most Win apps on it. However I dual boot it with Vista because for that odd game that does not function well with Linux I boot up Vista. Even if there isn't a Windows application that you want for Linux, there is probably something better.

However I will choose Windows because it is much better for the mid-level user.

Now, I'm thinking of a new system of function. As I will get my MCSA/MCSE for Win95/98/2000/XP/2003/Vista, ComTIA A+ and Cisco certified, I will need these:

• A job
  • Another 17" LCD
  • A 4-port KVM switch
  • A Cisco router
  • Decent machines:
    • Duron 1GHZ, for Linux
    • Athlon 1333MHZ for WinXP with virtual machines
    • Celeron 2.26GHZ for Windows 2000
    • P4 3GHZ for Linux
    • PD 3.2GHZ for Vista 32/64 bit OS
  • Cash (Job is the only resource)
  • And some reading, with the books I buy

Windows. It's all I know how to use.

I want to get a Mac just to play around with the different interface. I've got several distros of Linux, and was going to use one for my server, but I'm weird and installed Server 2003 on it instead...

I love how stable and powerful Linux can be, but the lack of native software compatibility turns me off. I wouldn't mind using it for a server, though I might have to give Windows Home Server a try first. :p

Back
Top Bottom