FatClown's FAQ

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Totalvideo converter is crap. use handbrake
anyvideo converter is crap. use handbrake.

to burn anything onto a disc, use imgburn.

to mount ISO's, use daemon-tools lite or slysoft's virtual clonedrive.

for anti-virus, use Microsoft security essentials AND common sense.

to uninstall a anything, use revo-uninstaller.

to move or copy files, use teracopy.

to find out properties of a media file, use mediainfo.

to find out your computer's hardware, use speccy.

replace microsoft office with LibreOffice.

to recover accidentally deleted files, use recuva.

to monitor temperatures, use hwmonitor.

notepad doesn't cut it, use notepad++

paint.net is your friend.

k-lite codec pack w/ media player classic and vlc plays everything.

to rip an audio disc, use exact audio copy.

dbpoweramp music converter is your friend.

to disable the windows key use this to re-enable it use this

how do i get mentioned on this list?
If you have to ask then you're usually not eligible. but sexual favours are usually involved.

anything else you want to know just ask.
if I know i'll reply, if not, i'll make up something.

Last edited:
Oh, Exact Audio Copy. How I love and hate that program. Can do anything but takes a wizard to get it to do what you want half the time, haha.

Also, I haven't tried clonedrive, I always just use DaemonTools Lite. How's it work by comparison? Never had trouble with Daemon.

Could mention about registry/junk file cleaners. Ace Utilities for paid, CCleaner for free.

daemon tools lite is good. I used it for the longest time also. I think there was a something that made me convert to virtual clone drive, but i forgot what that was.

I used to use Alcohol back in the XP days due to its little ISO browser thing. I switched to DTools because in one of their updates a while back you didn't have to reboot to install.

I don't see the point in using 2 extra programs to do something Windows can do natively. Uninstall and manage files.

Recuva did not work for me in 4 different instances. I do not use it anymore.

Coretemp is the best CPU temp program.

CCCP is better than K-Lite. I jumped ship about 4 years ago. No point in VLC when you have MPC that comes with CCCP.

Active@ISO is also good for burning ISO files and CDBurnerXP is great for other types of burning. ImgBurn is now adding in that stupid ToolBar installer crap to their stuff and it gets annoying upon updates to have to make sure it doesnt add junkware to my PC.

IOBit Uninstaller is actually a bit better than Revo. There is nothing to install, it is just the executable. So you can put it on a flash drive and use it as a portable app and not have to get prompted to buy the Pro version.

7Zip is the Archive Utility of choice. WinRar is good, 7Zip is better.

Back
Top Bottom