Fastest Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby

Banned
Okay well i play halo2 for xbox360 live and i've been experiencing alot of disconnections. I've called road runner and had them look into whats wrong and i asked them if they could do anything and the response i got was "we dont supply high speed internet access for anything other then connecting to a website" or some **** like that. So im looking for somthing faster that can handle me online and me playing xbox live.

Have any ideas?

I don't think that was quite what he was going for....

Colby, what other ISP's offer service in your area?
Also, what kind of internet package do you have right now?
Can you describe briefly your network topology and what devices are in it?

If you got atleast a 1/2 meg connection you should be fine, and disconnections are usually a result of your modem.

colby said:
Okay well i play halo2 for xbox360 live and i've been experiencing alot of disconnections. I've called road runner and had them look into whats wrong and i asked them if they could do anything and the response i got was "we dont supply high speed internet access for anything other then connecting to a website" or some **** like that. So im looking for somthing faster that can handle me online and me playing xbox live.

Have any ideas?
I read something once about messing with the MTU rate on the router will help but I'm not saying that will help you in your case. ISP's will not give gamers any type of QOS unless you buy a fancy t-1 or E1 depending where your're at in the world.

Looks like roadrunner has a crummy backbone and has a lot of cable problems.....etc...
Im guessing lost packets...since there are only bursts of speed and not continous downloading....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom