Fastest CPU for this Mobo?

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
So, as the title says peeps. Any ideas what the fastest CPU available for this board is? Referring to the details in my signature...

Also I have a GA-7ZXR Rev.3.0 Mobo fitted with a AMD Thunderbird CPU running at 1200mhz. I started using the set-up below cause the Thunderbird with the GA-7ZXR was slowing down while running Reason 3. The set up, as described below is over clocked to 2414MHZ. Tried the AMD AthlonXP 2400+ in the GA-7ZXR and it didn't work.

Am I using the right CPU/Mobo Combo considering my resources?

From the looks from google it really seems like your in for an upgrade.
No Sata ports, an AGP slot, and accepting only DDR memory and only up to 3 Gigs, and only a 333Mhz FSB which bottlenecks the whole overclock on the CPU.

You seriously need an upgrade.
But if you don't want to upgrade then look for an AMD CPU thats compatible with the A(462) socket.
As for the other board any of these CPU's will work, they are all socket 462:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Gigabyte/GA-7ZXR(Rev_3.x).html
None of which are over 333 Mhz FSB

Re: Fastest CPU for this Mobo? Now an Upgrade issue.

Ok.

So what do you suggest as an upgrade?

I quite like the Mobo's that accept 2 AMD Opteron CPU's. Do I go for one of these or do I just go for a Single CPU board?

The Single boards have to accept the fastest AMD Athlon 64X2 chip and I want loads of over clocking features with room for PCI expansion.

Basically I want super processing power for floating point calcs. And it has to use AMD CPU/'s

For a computer that you would use, PERSONALLY, I would do the new Intel Xeon line. They have awesome OCing abilities, and can run stable and constant (obviously, its a server processor) for a very long time.

Just something else to consider.

Mmmm. Quad core intel processor?

I might, just might, convert back to Intel.

The AMD Opteron are Quad core too?

look at this board...by BFG,

BFG NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI

Specifications:
Form Factor - ATX (304mm × 244mm / 12" × 9.6")
Chipset - NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI MCP
Expansion Slots - 2 PCI Express x16 slots for dual PCI Express graphics cards, 1 PCI Express x8 slot, 2 PCI Express x1 slot and 2 PCI slots

Memory:
Four 240-pin DIMM slots support up to 8GB and supports dual channel DDR2 400/533/667/800 memory

Connections
Audio: Enhanced 8-channel High Definition Azalia audio and supports SPDIF output and jack sensing
SATA: Supports six native SATA2 3.0Gb/s devices / Hot-swap capability, allowing disks to be changed without powering down the system / Optimized for NVIDIA MediaShieldâ„¢ Storage technology / Supports SATA ATAPI devices
IDE: Port One Ultra DMA IDE connector supports 33/66/100/133
FDD: One Floppy Disk Drive connector supports up to 2.88MB
USB: Ten USB 2.0 ports support up to 480Mb/s data transfer rate
Ethernet: Two 10/100/1000 Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) interfaces
FireWire: Two 1394a ports support up to 400Mb/s data transfer rate

Other Features
Rear panel I/O ports PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard port / one IEEE1394a Port / six USB 2.0 ports / two Gigabit LAN Ports / six ports for-Channel Audio and one S/PDIF Output Port
Internal I/O connectors Four 3x1 pin fan connectors / one 4x1 pin CPU fan connector / six SATA2 connectors / one IDE connector / one FDD connector / two 5x2 pin USB connectors for an additional 4 USB ports / one IEEE1394a connector / one 5x2 pin Front Panel connector / one 5x2 pin Serial connector / one 5x2 pin Front Audio / one 4-pin Molex Auxiliary Power connector / one 24-pin ATX Power connector / one 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector

Included In Box
> BFG nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
> SLI Bridge
> I/O Shield
> Chipset Cooling Fan
> (1) 2-port IEEE1394 A/B Module
> (1) 4-Port USB 2.0 Module
> (1) 1-port Serial (COM) Module
> (6) SATA Data Cables
> (3) SATA Power Cables (One Molex to Two SATA)
> (1) Ultra DMA 133/100/66 IDE Cable
> (1) Floppy Cable
> Users Manual
> Driver CD
> Ulead Video Studio 9 CD
> BFG Tech Case Badge

Minimum System Requirements
> Intel Core™ 2 Extreme (dual and quad core), Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium® D, Pentium 4,and Celeron® D Socket 775 processors
> DDR2 PC2-4200/5300/6400 (533/667/800) system memory (240-pin DIMM)
> Microsoft Windows XP
> CD or DVD-ROM drive
> IDE or SATA hard disk drive with 100MB of available space
> ATX system chassis
> PCI Express compliant ATX system power supply with a 24-pin motherboard power connector and an 8-pin ATX/EPS processor power connector (A PCI Express compliant ATX power supply with a 4-pin ATX processor power connector may also be sufficient)

680islimoboanglemdjd2.jpg

Pretty good.

In fact, I like it a lot. But I would like to know what's out there that supports AMD cpu's.

what price range are you looking at for a new build? because your ram wont work in there either, and your graphics card is crap. you could keep the drives\case though.

Back
Top Bottom