Fan questions

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I have two fans in my stock computer. I want to put in another one, maybe two, how do i install them? How do I know if I can put more in? Like what does a place where you can put another fan in look like? How do i get power to the fan?

I"ve seen some people stick a piece of velcro at the bottom front of the case (inside) somwhere to mount a fan. Pretty neat idea. There's also fans you can buy that mounts to the expansion bay of the case. I rarely see those, but they exist. Usually the case will have a place to mount the fans on the side panel (some have two), one or two on the back, and there's a place to mount at the top of the case.

The fans are powered by the power supply. It connects to an available power connector or you can plug the fan in by means of a "Y" adapter to a power plug that's being used by another device.

NOrmal case fans have 4 holes on each corner to attach to the case by screws included with the fan at purchase. I usually use just two of them and mount the top right and the bottom left. As long as it is snug, I don't care. Processor fans are smaller and screw into the heatsink.

TRD Corolla , do u have a corolla , all souped out and stuff, if it is let me see some pics.

ok. Let me give you the link to the forum in a little bit where I post some of my picts. I still have to upload some picts. It's got my performance parts listed.

OK, here's the link to the forum. Once there, there is a member's gallery where I have some pictures of my Corolla: Let me know if this works.

Here's the list of what I've done.

TRD Supercharger w/TRD ECU
TRD Exhaust
TRD Lowering SPrings
TRD Strut Bar
TRD Carbon FIber engine cover
Painted interior consoles
Altis Mesh Grill
Altezza Taillights (chrome)
Like to get ground kit and HID conversion soon (retrofit with projectors)

http://9thgencorolla.com/modules.ph...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

oh you got the new one, that one is phat but i thought you had the old Trueno, Trueno's are nice

The old Trueno's are a classic. I can live without it. The 03 model I have has more horsepower and torque with the setup I got now. If I had a performance intake added, I would love to add on a aquamist injection. That's a bit much for me. The mist is suppose to prevent catalytic convertor damage due to the high amount of heat after the much cooler intake charge. I have an aftermarket B&M transmission oil cooler that still needs to be put on becaue of the supercharger. My auto tranny can benefit from that. All that high torque I'm getting can take a toll on stock transmission.

Got it all figured out thanks guys. Talked to online customer support by gateway (their really good, im suprised, better then dell if you dont like being on the phone), he told me my comp can support 2 fans, he showed me a picture of where my fan attaches to in the back, where it attaches to on the mobo, and told me which size fan i needed -- 80 mm exhausst fan

Back
Top Bottom