Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good people please help!I have tried all that you suggested,and still no dice!I consider my self to know my way around computers but i'm brain frozen on this subject!I also found out what Fallout 3 installs with it,but i installed .NET 3.5 before the Fallout installation.I have tried all sorts of configuration on the level of graphics but still it wont budge.When the launcher starts and i press play the screen goes black (like it's trying to load something...) and that a typical error massage on desktop (send - don't send).I have patched it to 1.7.My configuration is AMD Athlon 2.61 Ghz,1 GB DDR 2, MSI MS-7309 1.0,ATI Radeon x 550 256MB,and running on winXP SP 3.I have the latest drivers for the display. (I know my config sucks,but it passes min req).THank you all in advance.

Re: Fallout 3 Crash to desktop

okay so im having a problem with fallout 3 crashing as soon as i try to start a new game, it start to load for about 5 seconds and then CTDs which is really annoying. Im running on a 4g and 64 bit lap top with a graphic card that is compatible with divx. any help with this problem would be great thank you

Well if you have it installed you should be able to go 'start' then type ffdshow and then clicking on the ffdshow video decoder configuration link.

If you don't have it installed then download it, install it, and add it to the exception list to see if it fixes your problems

LOL. Tom you have no idea what you're talking about.

To All: Stop doing gymnastics for Bethesda. Fallout 3 is just a buggy piece of software nothing more nothing less.

You know it's bad when even the console version of Fallout 3 has problems.

Do a google search for Fallout 3 ctd, not responding etc and you get literally endless pages worth of feedback.

To All: Stop doing gymnastics for Bethesda. Fallout 3 is just a buggy piece of software nothing more nothing less.

You know it's bad when even the console version of Fallout 3 has problems.

Do a google search for Fallout 3 ctd, not responding etc and you get literally endless pages worth of feedback.

QFT! Fallout 3 is not perfect. Many things could have been done on the coding side to have made it better for the consumer, but that's water under the bridge.

Not every fix will work for every person. Different computers have different configurations, different software, different versions of operating systems, and even different levels of operating system optimization. No one fix will cover all of that just as there will be some that are never fixed. While some of the blame can be laid at Bethesda's feet, not all of it is their fault. Bethesda cannot predict every possible configuration that people will try to use to run the game so they took their best educated shot at it. If you want a controlled experience buy an Apple and get used to only being able to do what the Apple cult's leader Jobs tells you that you can do on HIS machine.

I am closing this thread. The info will remain, but the game has been out long enough for whatever fixes that were going to be found to have been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom