Fake Intel CPU's! Have you been affected?

haha I saw someone who got one on eBay a while back.

I don't see how this is newegg's fault in any way though. If it looks like the proper i7 box, I don't think one of the random workers is just going to read it to be sure it's real.

Haha, it's kinda like when someone used to sell the front part of stoves as plasma TV's.

heh...someone really wants these stolen chips badly if they have to go through that much effort to send bogus stuff... heh. Crazy. At least Newegg is replacing them ASAP! esp those customers who have the fake item.

It happens. Newegg is a mass retailer that ships out hundreds if not thousands of electronics and computer products a day. I'm sure they have some form of quality assurance, but they can't afford to check in detail since it takes up time and with the amount of merchandise they push out the door each day, it's just money wasted. Besides, it's clearly the distributor's fault and Newegg is also rectifying the situation.

Not really all that big of a deal. Though I do admit I'm glad I didn't get one of those fake CPUs. I just bought a Core i7 920 from Newegg last week. :p

I want one of those fake CPUs just for lulz. Perhaps they will go on eBay as a legitimate item for a few dollars.

At least the people who pulled this off were smarter then those three NYPD cops that did that perfume heist in NJ... lol xD If anyone knows what I am talking about here.

We use Newegg for their low prices, quality control would require a bunch of extra labor. This is definitely interesting though..

Back
Top Bottom