Fake alert won't go away... PLEASE HELP, IT'S ANNOYING...

chaospoodle

Solid State Member
One day when playing with my comp, something called Spysherrif installed itself or came with a download I got, it was dumb so I tried to uninstall and it wouldn't let me. So I dragged its folder from Program Files into the recycle bin and cleared my bin and it was gone. The only problem now, is I keep getting a fake error message (pretty sure its fake) every 30 sec (I started getting it when SpySherrif installed itself). Even though Spysherrif is gone, I keep getting the damn message. I've set windows to always hide its icon from the bottom right corner thing, and it does it for a while. Then it pops back out and the icon is set at hide when inactive again. It comes up with the message every 20 or 30 seconds and is extremely annoying. When I used to click it, Spysherrif would come up saying there were serious problems, even though all other scanning progs never found "serious" problems, I always delete what they come up with. Maybe since I couldn't really uninstall Spysherrif, just delete the folder... it thinks Spysherrif is still on the comp. When I click it now, nothing happens. My dad said the message isn't fake because it is a Windows error icon, I think they just replicated the icon. This is what the annoying every 30 sec message looks like.
fake.jpg

ok my friend, looks like you have a infection!
go to majorgeeks.com and download hijackthis.
you can do a local search on majorgeeks to find hijackthis.
once you have downloaded and run it, you must save the logfile what it produces.
then type into your browser "hijackthis.de". this site asks you to post the logfile on it, then you hit the analyze button. it only takes a few seconds to do. you can then see what items on your p.c look suspicious.you then go back to hijack this with the list of suspects and delete/remove them with hijackthis. it is pretty reliable, and make sure you look closely before you delete anything.
woz

Back
Top Bottom