F/s : DJI Phantom 3 Professional ....$850

I built one of these and ran it on Vancouver Lake a lot.

https://youtu.be/dokkkqBcyPQ?list=UUcoYIGpTo2WCjyPkG0WvO2w

Bloody hell, that looks fun haha!

And oh yesss, Seti would be a good person to talk to about calling them multi-rotor platforms and not "drones" :D

@Seti - My corporate network blocks a lot of image hosting sites so I can't see the images, will look when I get home though!
Found this bit interesting:
Tip: DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT test for proper rotation direction with the props on the motors. You can, and most likely will, get seriously injured.

I made the mistake of messing with my RC plane with the prop on (electric motor). I was altering the settings on the transmitter so it altered the channels on each stick, while I was sitting in my front room in front of the plane, and I pressed a setting on the transmitter I shouldn't have done. Cue full power, plane pulled forward and by the time I altered the setting back (almost immediately), I had 3 or 4 nice slices straight through some of the skin on my leg... still got the scars to prove it, and they still hurt when I poke them... despite the fact I did this over 5 months ago!!

Bloody hell, that looks fun haha!

And oh yesss, Seti would be a good person to talk to about calling them multi-rotor platforms and not "drones" :D

@Seti - My corporate network blocks a lot of image hosting sites so I can't see the images, will look when I get home though!
Found this bit interesting:
Tip: DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT test for proper rotation direction with the props on the motors. You can, and most likely will, get seriously injured.

I made the mistake of messing with my RC plane with the prop on (electric motor). I was altering the settings on the transmitter so it altered the channels on each stick, while I was sitting in my front room in front of the plane, and I pressed a setting on the transmitter I shouldn't have done. Cue full power, plane pulled forward and by the time I altered the setting back (almost immediately), I had 3 or 4 nice slices straight through some of the skin on my leg... still got the scars to prove it, and they still hurt when I poke them... despite the fact I did this over 5 months ago!!

Pics of the scars or it didn't happen!! J/K I for one do not want to see your ugly hairy scarred up leg. :)

My Phantom should look so good.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom